The Business Intelligence team at Asana is a small group tasked with making decision making powerful with data, tools, analytics, and metrics.
We’re looking for a teammate passionate about how our business operates, from finance to sales, marketing, recruiting and customer support. You will develop a deep understanding of many of our most important business processes, including our monetization model, marketing automation, how the marketing and sales team operate together, and financial metrics reporting.
We are looking for someone with a unique mix of technical and strategic skills who can not only understand our business and what is important, but can also proactively develop and maintain tools, automation, and analytics to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
What you’ll achieve
- Deploy and maintain the tools and integrations that Asana business decision makers use day to day. Automate key parts of reporting processes
- Work with the team to build datasets that allow deep insight into business processes and opportunities
- Empower Asana business teams to unlock actionable insights through data analysis, investigation, and visualization
- Support and maintain data that drives our business model and growth projections
- Work cross-functionally with different teams and on different projects as required, and with other Business Technology teammates to support shared systems, data and infrastructure
- Education and/or experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Math, Economics, Statistics, or a similar quantitative field
- At least 6 years experience in a Business Intelligence, BI Developer, Data Engineer, or equivalent role handling large volumes of data and building scalable systems
- Strong SQL skills, with the ability to write complex SQL, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis, etc. Strong data modeling skills.
- Advanced data visualization skills using business intelligence solutions including at least one of Looker, Tableau, Periscope, Pentaho or Microstrategy
- Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and advantages & disadvantages of different types of systems (OLAP, OLTP, etc.).
- Fluency in at least one of the following languages used for data processing: R, Python, Scala, Go, Matlab, Octave, or Julia.
- Familiarity and experience with data warehousing technologies including at least one of PostGreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, Teradata
- Listening/communication skills and a sense of empathy towards colleagues in different functions
- Able to thrive in a dynamic startup team - can define your own priorities, requirements and goals from company context
- You embody our company values
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.