Account Manager at Pantheon
Marketers and developers build, host, and manage their most important websites on Pantheon.
- Job title
- Account Manager
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 8, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization. That’s where you come in.
You will be responsible for partnering with existing clients in a consultative sales partnership to retain existing customers through renewals and drive revenue with new upsell opportunities.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Stuff You'll Do
- Build relationships with your client base and drive upsell
- Identify new revenue opportunities
- Increase awareness and drive more developer usage of the Platform
- Collaborate with teammates to ensure client satisfaction and needs are met
- Some travel to industry events and customer visits
What You Bring To The Table
- 3-5+ years experience as an Account Manager/Client Sales Executive, Enterprise Account Executive, mix of both or other relevant experience
- Proven success selling complex solutions and services
- Comfortable with negotiating price, terms and conditions, and managing customer expectations
- Ability to exceed an quarterly quota of $1M-$2M
- Salesforce experience
- BA/BS or equivalent
Bonus Points For
- Practical knowledge of Drupal and Wordpress
- Familiar with open source solutions and web infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of SaaS, IaaS and/or PaaS solutions in the market
- Past experience selling to Higher Education, media, large non-profits, or complex large scale institutions
- Demonstrated experience selling to a technical audience, ideally technical decision makers
- Experience carrying a quota of over 1M quarterly
What We Offer
- Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team
- Unlimited vacation
- Dog-friendly office (HQ)
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly gym and book allowance
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN)
- Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)
- Pantheon recently closed its Series D funding ($40m) <link>
- Pantheon is one of America’s Best Workplaces of 2018 <link>
- Pantheon earns Top 10 Ranking in “Best Software Awards” by G2 Crowd <link>
- Pantheon actively sponsors programs like the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19) <link>
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.