B2C Product Marketing Manager at Grammarly
Millions trust Grammarly's free writing app to make their messages, documents, and posts clear, mistake-free, and effective.
- Job title
- B2C Product Marketing Manager
- Job listing last updated at
- Oct 28, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
At Grammarly, we believe that everyone should be heard and understood. We know that clear and effective communication improves people’s lives—and we want to help everyone improve their communication. That’s why we’ve built an AI-powered writing assistant: to help the world’s 2 billion English speakers feel more confident in communicating clearly and effectively. So far, we’ve created a product used by more than 20 million people around the world every day. Join us to reach the next 100 million.
To get to that goal, we’re looking for a Product Marking Manager who will play a critical role in connecting Grammarly’s products to the mass consumer base, both existing and new segments.
The Product Marketing Manager role offers an opportunity to play a strategic position in our B2C positioning and roadmap. This is a newly formed function at Grammarly and will be joining the growing Product Marketing team to continue to deepen its strategic capability and relationships across the organization.
At Grammarly, our impact comes from a strong culture with highly engaged, highly motivated team members. We hire exceptional people and reward them with trust, autonomy, mentorship, and the freedom to grow into their roles. We’re a passionate, growing team on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. If you’re up for the challenge, we would love to meet you!
- In the first few weeks, you will meet the team and familiarize yourself with Grammarly’s products and features. You will gain insight into product priorities and upcoming launches and begin to establish relationships with key collaborators across Marketing and Product.
- By month three, you will work to identify near- and medium-term focus areas that balance upcoming B2C milestones with quick wins for the function. You will start to own the positioning and go-to-market strategies for specific product launches. And you will start to develop a deeper understanding of our users and their needs through research.
- By month six, you will build a partnership with the Product team to define and begin executing on focused product roadmaps. You will create a process for collecting insights from users and influencing and helping to prioritize roadmaps.
- By year one, you will start to become a key curator of customer insights and be able to confidently influence the organization’s decisions with data. You will begin to expand the scope of products and features you own.
This is the right opportunity for you if
- You embody our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, Remarkable).
- You can manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and moving timelines.
- You incorporate customer insights into product positioning and can take into consideration the target audience, pain points, and unique differentiators.
- You understand marketing fundamentals and best practices, including growth, acquisition, lifecycle, content, and brand.
- You can analyze and pull meaningful insights from both quantitative and qualitative data. You are familiar with foundational methods of research and data gathering: interviews, surveys, focus groups, and support/social.
- You understand how to connect a SaaS product with a mass consumer base, and how to evaluate success with clear, measurable metrics.
- You have led successful product launches and have activated Marketing, PR, and other teams around a campaign.
It almost goes without saying that we’ll offer you
- Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.
- Project exposure and ownership that impact our world, users, product, colleagues, and business.
- Health care, 401(k), communication coaching, and great coworkers!
Our commitment to diversity
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly’s team members help us make better decisions and drive high results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal-opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in E-Verify.