Back-End Engineer, Growth at Chime
Chime, the fastest growing challenger bank in the U.S. is a technology company focused relentlessly on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind.
- Job title
- Back-End Engineer, Growth
- Job listing last updated at
- May 14, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco Office
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing challenger banking company in the U.S., with over 3M accounts and no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, gives members early access to their paychecks, and helps them grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $300M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, and others. If you’re looking to join a small but fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale new and existing internal tools
- Design, develop, test, refactor and scale consumer-facing product features that improve the interaction between our members and our colleagues in Risk and in Member Services
- Develop thoroughly tested code and conduct quality assurance on all new code alongside our QA team
- Participate in code reviews and thoughtfully provide constructive feedback
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Mentor up-and-coming developers
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- 4+ years of experience as a back-end developer
- Ability to work collaboratively to deliver quickly with a plan to iterate
- When faced with a hard problem you can break it down into digestible pieces; when you get stuck you're not embarrassed to ask for help
- You're helpful -- when a teammate needs a hand, you'll raise yours
- You understand that we do our best work when we communicate with each other
- You're interested in mentoring -- as our teams grow, you'll help nurture and guide incoming developers
- You’re ready to learn -- not only will you get to know FinTech, we’re looking for engineers who work to improve their craft
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Chime is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.