Head of Commercial Inside Sales at Grammarly
Millions trust Grammarly's free writing app to make their messages, documents, and posts clear, mistake-free, and effective.
- Job title
- Head of Commercial Inside Sales
- Job listing last updated at
- Oct 28, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
At Grammarly, we believe that everyone should be heard and understood. We know that clear and effective communication improves people’s lives—and we want to help everyone improve their communication. That’s why we’ve built an AI-powered writing assistant: to help the world’s 2 billion English speakers feel more confident in communicating clearly and effectively. So far, we’ve created a product used by more than 20 million people around the world every day. Join us to reach the next 100 million.
Since its founding more than ten years ago, Grammarly has proven to be tremendously valuable for individual consumers and students, and especially for businesses and organizations. Honored this year by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative AI Companies, Grammarly has quickly become one of the most successful stories in Silicon Valley by every metric—and it’s just getting started.
Grammarly’s vision is to build Grammarly Business into a thriving enterprise sales story. That starts with you.
A major area of Grammarly’s global growth is expanding its commercial relationships with large organizations. As Commercial Sales Director, you will demonstrate the value of commercial sales to unlock five- and six-figure relationships. You will build and own senior relationships in key enterprise accounts and help establish how they are served and expanded successfully.
The Commercial Sales Director will unlock new commercial relationships to build Grammarly Business to new heights. Grammarly’s emergent commercial pipeline has a large number of five-figure opportunities. We need you to help accelerate those wins while setting the stage for a scalable sales approach and supporting processes for a growing team.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Close some of Grammarly’s first and largest commercial deals
- Establish a next-generation sales approach by displaying an effective working method
- Build a significant new channel and revenue stream for an established brand
- Define marketing, growth operations, and leadership resources required for success
- Help develop and optimize the sales process for commercial sales
- Help refine messaging and positioning of Grammarly Business to best support sales
- Inform the product roadmap for Grammarly Business to unlock faster growth
- Help stand up a successful, end-to-end revenue machine including marketing, product, sales build-out, and underlying ops and pipeline management
This is the right opportunity for you if
- You embody our E.A.G.E.R. values (Ethical, Adaptable, Gritty, Empathetic, Remarkable)
- You have experience selling to the C-suite in commercial accounts and/or functional leaders in enterprise accounts
- You see ahead into the deal cycle to set up each stage for success
- You relentlessly set and pursue short- and long-term goals
- You know how to sell on business value, and you go beyond a feature list
- You figure out how to identify opportunities and work through challenges creatively
- You collaborate well and enjoy building relationships with others
- You use data to identify gaps and opportunities
- You have excellent communication skills
- You know how to collaborate with marketing to generate new opportunities while supporting existing ones
- You can effectively leverage in-house expert knowledge to close deals
- You are proficient using CRM and can accurately make quarterly commits on opportunities
- You have a solid understanding of SaaS and subscription business models
It almost goes without saying that we’ll offer you
- Big goals with competitive compensation
- Challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback
- A voice at the table to impact the world around you: our users, product, colleagues, and business
- Health care, 401(k), communication coaching, and great coworkers!
Our commitment to diversity
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Grammarly’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results for our users. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based solely on talents, skills, and knowledge. Grammarly participates in E-Verify.