Communications Associate at 23andMe
Discover what 125+ personalized reports have to say about your ancestry, health, traits and more.
- Job title
- Communications Associate
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 5, 2019
- Job listing location
- Headquarters - Mountain View
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
23andMe is seeking an organized individual to assist our Stories Producer in effectively managing the influx of customer testimonial submissions we receive across multiple channels. This person will help streamline our existing processes to ensure we provide customers with a positive and rewarding experience as they engage with our brand. Customer stories are one of the most powerful ways we can demonstrate the impact of 23andMe, and this person will be helping to drive this overall effort.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
The ideal candidate is someone who is organized, takes initiative, and can juggle multiple tasks at once. We’re looking for a professional who can communicate effectively with diverse audiences. You enjoy executing and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help out on projects as needed. Like us, you are mission-driven and passionate about providing consumers with more direct and affordable access to their health information. You’re empathetic and enjoy engaging with customers, getting to know them and their personal stories. You want to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts peoples’ lives, and you are not afraid to try to break down barriers to make it happen.
What you’ll do
- Read all new customer stories submitted, highlighting those with potential for the Story Producer to review
- Regularly communicate with a diverse set of customers to schedule interviews with the Stories Producer; including handling technical assistance as needed
- View videos of customers’ personal DNA stories and write a detailed and impactful summary for the Story Producer to edit
- Assist in overall management of the customer story process, including organizing and cataloging stories in a database and tracking their progress through the PR process
- Work with in-house media relations team and outside PR agencies to help identify the right customers for potential media opportunities or projects
- Build positive relationships between key customers and the 23andMe brand by delighting them with thoughtful gestures
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of relevant administrative experience
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills
- Strong planning, organization and problem solving skills
- Enjoys working independently, as well as working with others
- Proficient with Zoom / Skype video conferencing tools, Microsoft and Google applications (in particular Excel)
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience required
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.