Competitive Intelligence Manager at Cloudflare
Cloudflare makes your applications faster & safer.
- Job title
- Competitive Intelligence Manager
- Job listing last updated at
- Nov 14, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco or Austin
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Department
Marketing builds awareness, drives acquisition, and expands usage by developing innovative, breakthrough campaigns that are delivered through multiple channels, including our website, blog, emails, social media, events, and advertising. Product Marketing plays a central role by partnering throughout the company to deliver customer insights, take new and existing products to market, and develop content that fuels growth campaigns.
What you'll do
Competitive intelligence is critical for effective go-to-market and sales acceleration. The Competitive Intelligence Lead will be at the center of our strategy for capturing competitive information for successful go-to-market strategy. The person will have deep technical understanding of our product portfolio and the competitive landscape. Using exceptional communication skills and ability to distill information, he/she will create compelling messaging for the sales team on competitive offerings. You will be a resident expert on Cloudflare products and competition and will become a trusted advisor for all things related to competitive information. Responsibilities include:
- Build compelling content including competitive decks, battlecards, SWOT analysis, competitive positioning/messaging, win/loss analysis.
- Build deep understanding of Cloudflare products, competition and how the competition and Cloudflare stacks against each other.
- Use a ‘labs’ approach to develop technical and functional understanding of the offerings.
- Always be on a lookout for any competitive information and share with the team regularly.
- Partner with sales engineering and resident experts to crowdsource competitive information, trends observed in sales conversations and package it for the broader team.
- Enable sales team on competitive information and participate in competitive bake off to help accelerate the sales cycle.
- Comfortable with operating under tight timelines and have a sense of urgency to consume information and distribute appropriately.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 7+ years of experience in competitive intelligence, preferably with Internet, network security or CDN domains.
- Deep technical skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Index towards execution with an eye towards long term strategy.
- Always hungry for new competitive information and ability to deliver under tight timelines.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and navigate unforeseen obstacles gracefully.
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening and empathy skills, and ability to get things done in a collaborative team environment.
- A passion for Cloudflare’s mission and the success of our customers, partners, and community.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.