Customer Service Supervisor at The RealReal
The luxury business is a $1.5 trillion dollar industry, and we’re revolutionizing it one consignment at a time. Let us explain. We started small. Working at her kitchen table and visiting consignor homes with a U-Haul, our fearless leader CEO Julie Wainwright built The RealReal out of her own home. Today, it’s the premier site for online luxury consignment with multiple locations across the United States that accept and ship product worldwide.
- Job title
- Customer Service Supervisor
- Job listing last updated at
- Jul 10, 2019
- Job listing location
- Brisbane, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in a sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
This position is based in Brisbane, CA and will report to the Customer Service Manager.
The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for motivating and monitoring a team of Customer Service Representatives, providing coaching and mentorship to exceed our service level goals. This role will report to the Customer Service Manager. The Supervisor will be an expert on our internal systems, processes, and technology and actively assist agents to ensure timely resolution and consistency for customers. He/she should be comfortable on the frontlines with customers (phone, email, live chat) as well as working with leadership to escalate and resolve issues.
- Monitor a team of Customer Service Representatives by providing guidance, coaching, and consistent feedback.
- Partner with the management team to maintain department KPIs for service levels and quality, driving consistency across all teams and leading by example.
- Establish a customer-first culture and be a point of escalation for customer issues while ensuring all compliance and company policies are being met.
- Problem solves real-time, pivoting based on business and customer needs.
- Maintain a pulse on ongoing learning opportunities and knowledge gaps on our team to ensure adequate training of all our agents.
- 5+ years in a customer-centric role.
- 2+ years of experience overseeing a team.
- Approaches work with a collaborative mindset and drive to help others succeed.
- Passion for building the brand through incredible customer experiences.
- Prior working knowledge of call center productivity statistics, service levels, first call resolution, call abandonment, wait time, call wrap up time and scheduling.
- High level of problem-solving capabilities.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Must be able to work flexible hours; schedules may vary.
Job Type: Full-time