Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters— Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
Responsibilities of the role:
- You will be responsible for developing a high functioning support operation that delivers world-class support at scale.
- You will be accountable for all support performance metrics and for reporting on these metrics on a regular basis (e.g. SLAs, satisfaction, costs).
- You will design and implement a support roadmap to grow and scale MasterClass both in the short and long-term.
- You will be responsible for identifying and executing against opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the member experience at scale.
- Manage third-party relationships with BPOs and software vendors, including Zendesk, Kustomer, and UJET
- You will champion our members by surfacing insights from support and influencing cross-functional decisions that have an impact on our member experience.
- Serve as an ambassador for the MasterClass brand in all communications/ interactions.
What we are looking for:
- An experienced support leader who has a strong track record of building processes, tools, and teams that deliver amazing customer experiences
- Demonstrated success recruiting, developing, and managing a remote team of 30+
- Experience working with third-party outsourcers and scaling them
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic/grit, and attention to detail
- Experience working for a high-growth consumer brand; excels in a fast-paced environment and isn’t afraid to roll-up their sleeves when needed
- Knowledge and passion for education, online experiences and brand growth (from scratch!)
- Full-time role based in San Francisco
- 10+ years of leading and building successful support teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and a data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.