Director, FP&A at Gainsight
Gainsight's Customer Success Software empowers companies to increase revenue, decrease customer churn, and drive advocacy.
- Job title
- Director, FP&A
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 13, 2019
- Job listing location
- Redwood City, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Gainsight™ is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customers relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Gainsight, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
As the standard bearer for Customer Success, Gainsight continues to invest in thought leadership to drive value for our clients. To that end, Gainsight’s project-based services offerings for clients and prospects interested in advancing their Customer Success implementation. In the first year since inception.
This role reports to the VP of FP&A and is a key member of the FP&A team. The mission of our team is to enable strategic executive and Board-level as well as tactical decision making for the company through financial modeling, fact-based analyses and interpretation of key business and financial trends. We are the analytical backbone of the company and provide strategic insights in planning the future growth and strategy of the company from a financial point of view while serving as the interface between Finance and the rest of business.
This individual will serve as the Finance Business Partner for functional organizations as well as contribute on towards the overall Corporate Finance planning and reporting.
What You'll Do
- Help with the Company’s financial planning process, including annual budgeting as well as analyzing plan versus actual variances
- Help manage long-term financial plan for the Company
- Assist in preparation of Board presentations, investor reporting, industry/peer group benchmarking and reviewing M&A opportunities
- Create monthly close packages for executives, focusing on key trends and variances
- Manage budgeting and forecasting for key functional departments
- Regularly engage with business partners to understand risks and opportunities against plans and forecasts - Understand key business drivers and trends for functional departments and provide insights on improving efficiency
- Create department level reporting to help track and manage spending and headcount decisions
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
What We're Looking For
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, modeling, reporting and analysis
- Understanding of common business and cost drivers for SaaS companies
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- A high degree of analytical capability with the proven ability to identify business challenges, structure recommendations and provide insights to enable high-level strategic vision
- An ability to collaborate constructively with, and influence, business partners and finance colleagues
- 5+ years finance experience at a leading technology (preferably SaaS) company
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA, CPA, and CFA highly preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Adaptive Insights or similar planning tools
- Investment banking experience a plus
At Gainsight, we don't believe in doing things as a "means to an end." Life's too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that "work vs. life" is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule ("Do unto others..." and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Role is in our Redwood City, CA office. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k after first quarter of employment, and flexible PTO.