Director of Customer Experience at Airtable
Part spreadsheet, part database, and entirely flexible, teams use Airtable to organize their work, their way.
- Job title
- Director of Customer Experience
- Job listing last updated at
- Dec 1, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
If you're familiar with Airtable, you know that every customer has that magical ah-ha! moment where they discover the full potential of the product. Airtable's Customer Experience team helps our customers unlock that moment faster.
We serve customers anywhere, anytime, adeptly identifying and responding to their needs. We are their champions, providing effective and empathetic support. It’s not enough to “check boxes” or provide surface-level responses; our team relishes the opportunity to solve hard problems and improve someone’s life with Airtable.
We’re looking for an experienced support leader who can build and grow this team. The ideal candidate has experience scaling and leading customer service organizations, and will be a highly strategic thinker—--able to innovate upon existing conventions and approach the discipline with a creative, “first principles” mindset.
This is a unique opportunity to shape what customer service looks like at Airtable, and to transform a business with a world-class support team. Our Customer Experience team lives within our larger Product Experience team, and collaborates closely with our product specialists. The role can be based out of our San Francisco or New York office.
What you’ll do
- Hire and onboard a team of best-in-class Customer Support Advocates
- Lead Support Operations - an existing team focused on creating systems and tools for high-quality, high-efficiency customer interactions
- Develop hiring models and a vision for how to best scale support as we 5x → 10x → 100x our customer-base
- Implement quality & coaching reviews
- Act as a true thought partner to our Head of Product Experience, helping to develop strategic priorities
- Translate customer needs into product development opportunities
- Develop and mentor your team; match each person's interests and experience with business needs and priorities
Who you are
- You're a proven leader with direct experience scaling customer support organizations
- You have 7-10 years of professional experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- You appreciate and value the craft of incredible customer service
- You're excited to dive into the numbers and use a healthy mix of quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions
- You're (ideally) an avid Airtable customer yourself!
- You're both strategic and operational—able to set high-level strategies and effectuate them.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: We’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym.
- Catered lunches: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience.
We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.