Director of Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk at Stitch Fix
Try the personal styling service for everyone! No matter your age, size or budget we’ve got styles for you.
- Job title
- Director of Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 18, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
About the Team
The Stitch Fix Finance team enables our clients to be their best self. We broadly define our clients as customers, business partners, and shareholders. Our mission is “Partners in Growth,” and we drive value through business partner support, innovative and insightful analysis, and financial integrity. We are looking for bright and kind individuals motivated by challenge, specifically those who succeed in a fast-paced environment and will thrive in building and improving processes to scale Stitch Fix to the next level.
About the Role
Stitch Fix is looking for a Director of Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk, a newly expanded role, to join our dynamic team and one of the fastest-growing online retailers. Reporting to the CFO and the Audit Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors, this leader will be responsible for creating and overseeing our internal audit function, including our SOX program, for a newly public company. Responsibilities include creating and implementing audit, risk, and compliance programs across the organization. This person will have broad exposure to the operations of the Company, interacting with leaders across finance, legal, people & culture, engineering, styling, and operations and with our external auditor and advisors. This individual must possess the skills to understand business processes, assess the control environment, implement process improvements, and champion best practices. He or she will be responsible for coordinating the process documentation and testing with internal and external teams along with communicating findings and recommendations to executive management. Research, communication and collaboration skills will be instrumental to the success of this role. Other success factors for this role include working in a fast-paced and changing environment, being resourceful, adding value, and exhibiting curiosity.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Set and execute the vision for internal audit and enterprise risk management at Stitch Fix. Provide oversight to our SOX program including risk assessment, scoping, and remediation plans
- Apply good judgment and logic in relating internal audit to our business. Possess a strong analytical and business mindset in working through issues
- Lead and participate in brainstorming sessions around internal audit and risk management options for the company. Remain open and flexible and listen and accept others’ points of view
- See the big picture as well as understand the details in formulating our internal audit plan and related implications to the Company
- Attract, retain, motivate, and develop a highly skilled and engaged team
- Project manage internal audit and SOX plans, measure and communicate progress and results; lead monthly Steering Committee meetings and present updates to Audit Committee
- Lead SOX/business improvements relating to internal controls over finance related processes and IT systems – partner with IT on systems-related design and controls
- Develop a consistent documentation framework and methodology for business partners
- Work with business partners and consultants to document key processes and controls, and related testing. Maintain and improve documentation as needed.
- Consult and train company leaders on internal audit matters – including risk, control identification, improvement and documentation to ensure compliance objectives are met
- Oversee SOX compliance testing performed by external auditors
- Perform all necessary research to keep abreast of regulatory changes and industry standards
We’re excited about you because...
- You have 10-15 years of experience, including 5+ years of public accounting in the technology industry
- You have a CPA or Chartered Accountant
- Excellent analytical, accounting (US GAAP), audit/SOX skills (SOX, COSO framework), project management and problem solving skills
- You possess strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and develop others. Ability to work collaboratively cross functionally.
- Strong customer focus; good listening, negotiation and problem-resolution skills
- You have experience working with various financial and proprietary systems, Oracle a plus
- You have meticulous attention to detail and analytical thinking; you are naturally curious
- Flexibility in adapting to a non-routine and fast paced environment
- You have strong personal integrity with the highest ethical standards
- You are an organizational fit for the Stitch Fix culture
- Bachelor degree required with a major in Accounting
- Inventory experience, a plus
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright and kind people motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively, and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.