Director of Recruiting, Engineering at Databricks
Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform that accelerates innovation by unifying data science, engineering and business.
- Job title
- Director of Recruiting, Engineering
- Job listing last updated at
- May 17, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
We're looking for an exceptional Technical Recruiting Leader to help us drive growth during a very exciting time here at Databricks! We're expanding our technical and engineering teams significantly and need someone with outside-the box thinking who wants to be part of something amazing! This is a high visibility, high impact role. If you want to tackle something exciting and have the opportunity to really change and advance your career, this could be the role for you!
Define and execute on a plan to ensure we can execute on hiring targets to eliminate bottlenecks in Engineering while upholding the highest quality bar.
- Work with Engineering to define the quality bar for hires and then effectively hold the quality bar for engineering hiring.
- Build and maintain attributes based hiring models for all of engineering with KPIs that measure success of efforts
- Grow, develop, mentor a team of 6-10 high performing recruiters - create career plans and have ongoing development conversations.
- Build and execute on a full strategy to ensure we are meeting Technical hiring targets.
- Ensure that technical recruiting is a well respected, high-output, high-quality function within Databricks
- Has effectively built a full attributes based hiring model, with KPIs, and trained a team of recruiters and engineering leaders to execute against it.
- Has history of strong cross functional partnerships, specifically with Engineering - can provide specific examples of how they have influenced change in organizations that do not report into them
- Has developed a recruiting strategy with KPIs for Engineering hiring with a plan for how to leverage a sourcing function, creative immigration solutions, global expansion efforts, employee referral programs and a suite of tools and systems.
- Has grown multiple recruiting professionals to either advancement in their careers or to A-players as career ICs
- Has successfully taken a small team of high potential recruiters and/or built a small team who consistently delivers in terms of output, hires, quality, and pipeline.
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks’ mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.