Director of Sales at Quip
Leave email, meetings, and file versions in the dust. Quip helps teams work together faster and get more done.
- Job title
- Director of Sales
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 12, 2019
- Job listing location
- quip HQ
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
At quip, we design and deliver delightful dental products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
Over the past 3 years we have sold over 1 million toothbrushes and toothpaste through our direct to consumer channels, but in 2019 we are investing heavily in growing our network of tens of thousands of registered dental providers, helping them offer their patients quip products that improve their oral health, grow affinity for their practice, attract new patients, and retain existing ones. We are also launching multiple new digital caregiving and care-routing services that will help to better serve patients, and offer patients an all-around better professional visit experience.
We are looking for an individual with a breadth of dental and/or healthcare industry experience focusing on direct to provider product and service sales. The ideal candidate will help continue to grow our focus on our ever-expanding provider network while leveraging our unique connection with our consumers/patients through our primarily direct to consumer relationship to date. The Director of Sales will be building the sales funnel and establishing best practices to scale and drive sales through the pipeline.
You will be working directly with the Provider, Business Development (BD), and Marketing / Growth teams to develop strategies for growing and improving our provider network, relations and sales, as well as launching, leading and tracking the business impact of these programs, and managing a sales team.
- High-level strategy and ownership of sales team - facilitating sales of quip products and services to practices (and from practices to their patients) including managing the overall operations of the program, team, and provider account management/support function.
- Design a scalable strategy for inside and/or outside sales to achieve national reach
- Contribute to the feedback loop from the sales team to iteratively design and improve offerings
- Build a sales toolkit and funnel in collaboration with the Provider team, implementing CRM and broader system analytics to set and meet company KPI’s
- Work directly with operations, fulfillment, and logistics team to ensure timely, accurate, and high-quality delivery of product orders to providers
- Collaborates with Provider and BD team to operationalize partnerships with DSO’s or other large accounts
- Ensure ongoing acquisition and retention is tracked and linked closely with sales and operations initiatives
- Help to execute on trade shows, industry meet-ups, and learning event strategy to scale and measure successful strategies
- Establish a strong path for building an inside and outside sales function and creating a strong and positive sales culture
- Help the team to strategize and execute on the sales cycle for our provider network, care coordination products, and care/insurance products.
- Collaborate with leadership and product teams to inform product development roadmap and improve our provider offerings and network contracting team on care services
- National and international travel expected to oversee provider sales and operations
- Hold a bachelor's degree in business, sales, operations, marketing or related field
- 3-5+ years of experience in dental/medical provider facing sales management
- Managed a team of 5+ people, have created or grown a sales team
- Dental direct to provider sales/ops industry experience strongly preferred, healthcare permissible
- Experienced working with individual and large provider networks
- The provider-centric mindset with the ability to relate to our end consumers (patients).
- Strong organizational, operational and analytical skills.
- Strong project management, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small mentality
- Communicate clearly and consistently, written and verbal skills to match
- Desire to leverage past experience to make a business impact and motivated by a flexible environment
- Represent quip’s values, mission and culture of transparency within the Provider team, looping in your team and team leads to information important for them to execute on their day to day functions.
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog-friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Assistance
- Employee Referral Program
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our physical and digital product and service line with that same standard of design to help with the whole of our member’s oral care routines. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.
quip is committed to promoting equality, inclusion, and diversity beyond your brushing routine. We believe our company is better equipped to care for every mouth when we listen to fresh perspectives from every voice, and in doing so, we build an equal-opportunity team of the brightest minds (and mouths)—regardless of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or any other trait that makes you you. By celebrating and supporting our differences, we will thrive in our mission to improve oral health for all.