Director, Product Marketing at Samsara
The New Data Platform for the Physical World
- Job title
- Director, Product Marketing
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 19, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Samsara’s IoT solution - which includes technologies for fleets ranging from GPS tracking to route optimization and AI-powered dash cameras – is being adopted by thousands of new customers every quarter. We are seeking a dynamic product marketing leader to help accelerate the adoption of our technology by the market, and establish Samsara’s position as the leader in connected fleets.
In this role, you’ll lead the product marketing team responsible for all of our fleet product families, marketing solutions ranging from route optimization to driver safety to preventative maintenance. You’ll help to lead strategic new marketing initiatives such as new product launches and pushes into new geographies and verticals.
Example projects include leading product launches involving AI and computer vision, developing tools to improve sales effectiveness in new verticals, engaging with analysts and trade press, and presenting to customers, partners, and internal audiences.
As a leader within the company, you’ll directly manage and grow the product marketing team, and will help develop the short- and long-term go-to-market plan. You’ll partner with PM and outbound marketing teams to maximize Marketing’s impact on revenue growth, and help to bring a disruptive new technology to an industry that’s ripe for innovation.
- Story Telling – Ability to communicate Samsara’s vision to diverse audiences, and to span messaging from high-level value propositions to feature-level product differentiation.
- Customer Focus - In prior roles, demonstrates an encyclopedic knowledge of the customer, the competition, and how a technology uniquely solves that customer’s problems.
- Sales Enablement - Develop industry narratives, playbooks and full funnel programs to empower a rapidly growing sales force to close more deals, faster, and at a higher lifetime value. Proven track record in developing highly effective sales presentations and collateral.
- Creativity – Thrives in an environment without a set playbook, is excited to build a scalable, high-impact product marketing team that drives growth across the company.
- Scale - Ability to hit the ground running, while being able to build, and scale a team for the future. Possess exceptional ability to work cross functionally, with marketing, growth, sales, product and executive leadership.
- Leadership – Track record of hiring and developing strong talent; “leads from the front”, with deep knowledge of operational details, project management process, and a willingness to get hands dirty.
- Integrated Marketing - Track record of close partnership with growth and demand generation teams to driving sales growth through marketing.
- Insights - Develop insights on user data, account data, voice of the customer, and campaign effectiveness through reports or research. Works with business partners to translate insights into actionable recommendations that promote business objectives and drive tangible business results.
- GTM - Helps define the strategy, goals and measurement methods for cohesive cross- functional plans that enable winning execution for customer acquisition, engagement, upsell and retention.
- Product Expert & Presenting - Be a product spokesperson, both internally and externally, and one of our points of contact for analysis relations. Explain the Samsara vision, and demo our product at briefing and events; showcasing the best of Samsara to our customers.
Experience marketing in an enterprise technology sales cycle; familiar with inside and field sales, SDR programs, and outbound marketing campaigns
Deep understanding of software. Experience with wireless systems, analytics, or big data are a plus.
Expert-level public speaking. Comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences, large and small.
Strong messaging skills. Ability to create or edit content at an expert level.
Comfortable engaging with trade press and industry analysts
Track record of hiring and leading top product marketing talent
Undergraduate degree; a technical undergraduate degree is a big plus, and an MBA is a nice-to-have.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.