Director, Sales Operations & Optimization at The RealReal
The luxury business is a $1.5 trillion dollar industry, and we’re revolutionizing it one consignment at a time. Let us explain. We started small. Working at her kitchen table and visiting consignor homes with a U-Haul, our fearless leader CEO Julie Wainwright built The RealReal out of her own home. Today, it’s the premier site for online luxury consignment with multiple locations across the United States that accept and ship product worldwide.
- Job title
- Director, Sales Operations & Optimization
- Job listing last updated at
- Feb 21, 2020
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online and in real life at our brick and mortar locations. Founded in 2011, we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart and creates a foundation of trust with shoppers and consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. We’re proud to promote the circular economy and to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The role of the Director, Sales Optimization at The RealReal will enable and optimize the sales organization. You’ll work in partnership with Sales, Product Management, Business Strategy and Analytics and Marketing to analyze and identify key trends for the sales organization, develop the roadmap to optimize Salesforce Sales Cloud, and continuously improve the sales cycle from lead creation to optimization and conversion. Your role will help shape an exciting new function, reporting into the Senior Director of Lifecycle Marketing.
The ideal candidate has experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud and is excited to leverage technology to enable and empower sales teams to drive meaningful business results. They will use data to inform the development roadmap and partner with cross functional teams to drive projects from concept to execution, deliver reporting, and further lead optimization.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process Optimization: Identify opportunities for process improvement. Assist sales management in understanding and resolving process bottlenecks and inconsistencies to achieve operational excellence. Anticipate challenges and scale processes, technology and team to support the growth of the sales team.
- In partnership with the sales and product organizations, build and prioritize the feature roadmap for Salesforce Sales Cloud to optimize workflows and drive conversion.
- Continual optimization of consignor lifecycle and touchpoints.
- Build, consolidate and streamline dashboards to empower sales leadership teams, identifying key trends and opportunities for relevant teams to act on.
- Develop recommendations to solve problems related to sales operations and other groups
- Conduct sales analysis to help sales hit the target and scale: pipeline analysis, Win/Loss analysis of the deals, Account potential analysis, etc.
- Provide thought leadership, promote and implement best-in-class sales ops model in strong collaboration with Finance, Marketing, and Business Operations.
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Business Planning and Analytics, in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with CRM systems, Salesforce Sales Cloud a plus.
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision-making, and process-improvement skills.
- Effective written, visual, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and self-direction skills.
- Experience articulating business questions and using analytical techniques to arrive at an answer using data.
- Experience with competitive analysis, and communicating to a diverse audience of stakeholders.
- BS required
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.