Engineering Manager at Qualia
Redefining the real estate transaction. Qualia is a team of top software engineers, real estate professionals, and user experience experts who are improving how real estate is transacted.
- Job title
- Engineering Manager
- Job listing last updated at
- Oct 10, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco Office
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
At Qualia, we are fundamentally transforming the way real estate professionals, lenders, and homebuyers manage real estate transactions, one of the nation’s largest industries. We are bringing together everyone involved in the closing process onto one shared, secure, mobile system of record-- basically, we’re making buying a home in America easier, safer, cheaper, and less painful by moving the process online! Qualia is backed by 8VC, Menlo Ventures, and other top investors and is currently processes 15% of all US real estate transactions.
We are hiring an entrepreneurial Engineering Manager interested in being a part of our rapidly growing engineering team. Our engineers are conscientious hackers who like teamwork but are also comfortable with independent projects. Our engineering team releases new software every week, moves at a fast pace, and works directly with our design and customer-facing teams to imagine and build the new experiences our customers love. Because of that, you’ll get a rewarding variety of projects to work on.
As an Engineering Manager, you've been in the industry for a while and have a proven track record of success. You are comfortable leading complex, high-liability projects. You have experience making key architectural decisions and performing the research to back up those decisions. You've dealt with the consequences of your mistakes, and you know how to fight fires if necessary. You enjoy mentoring and providing support. You've thrived in different environments and realize that each team is unique.
Your Day to Day
- You will lead the engineering team for Qualia Connect, our fastest growing and highest revenue generating product that is instrumental to the company’s growth.
- This product brings together buyers, sellers, realtors, lenders, and title companies to create a seamless closing experience for all parties.
Your Background that Likely Makes You a Match
- 3-5 years of experience as a full-stack engineer on a customer-facing product, including 2+ years leading a team of 3-5 engineers on a product that has significant impact on the company’s growth
- Strong hands-on technical leadership, people management, project management and communication skills
- Keen product sense, attention to detail, and passion for the impact of the software you build
- Background in enterprise software and fintech preferred
The Tech Stack You’ll Use
- Meteor / Semantic UI / MongoDB
- Microservice architecture / Docker / AWS
- Local copy of full production stack for development
- GitHub for version control and pull requests
- Our flat company structure empowers engineers to make product decisions
- We have a collaborative culture where engineers mentor each other
- Our team members take time to eat together and share conversation at our daily catered lunches
- We have a fantastic location in a sunny office in downtown San Francisco, easily commutable from anywhere in the Bay Area by BART and MUNI
- We offer generous compensation and benefits packages including medical, vision, and dental insurance and a flexible PTO policy
About our Engineering Team
- Our engineering team demonstrates and values technical thought leadership.
- Qualia’s Head of Design, Jack Lukic, is the creator of Semantic UI, one of the most popular open-source design frameworks. Qualia engineers learn this framework, and design patterns more generally, directly from the creator of the framework our front end is built on! Very few companies can say that.
- As part of our focus on continual learning and development, a Qualia team member gives an educational talk on something they’re interested in every Thursday to the entire engineering and product team. Topics range from Kolmogorov complexity theory to the definition of art, to models of existential risk.