Enterprise Account Executive at Gainsight
Gainsight's Customer Success Software empowers companies to increase revenue, decrease customer churn, and drive advocacy.
- Job title
- Enterprise Account Executive
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 13, 2019
- Job listing location
- Remote - U.S.
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Gainsight™ is a venture-backed, fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customers relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight’s CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
With diversity and inclusion at the forefront of Gainsight’s core values, we promote a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness at Gainsight, regardless of, but not limited to, race, gender, sexual orientation, family status, religion, ethnicity, national origin, physical disability, veteran status, or age.
Enterprise Account Executives are responsible for selling Gainsight solutions to prospective customers. Using a consultative sales approach, the successful candidate will create and cultivate relationships to build and maintain customers for life. The Enterprise Account Executive will work with all Gainsight stakeholders including Customer Success Managers, Professional Services, Pre-Sales, Product Support and Product Management to anticipate and meet customer expectations.
This role will be remote based in Austin, TX
What You'll Do
- Achieve sales quota for assigned territory and/or accounts
- Maintain appropriate sales development activity to ensure healthy pipeline management
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers as necessary
- Conduct online or onsite product demonstrations to qualified prospects as necessary
- Respond to RFPs for qualified business opportunities where Gainsight is a fit
- Work with the Professional Services organization to evaluate training and consulting needs to support implementations
- Product and Market Knowledge
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Gainsight product and services offered
- Gain an understanding of Gainsight’s use in the industry, as well as best practices
- Be a subject matter expert for your designated industry and territory
- Work with Business Development Representatives to define and support prospecting efforts within assigned territory.
- Enter new leads, contact data, log calls and other sales information for prospects and customers into SFDC
- Prepare formal proposals, produce price quotes, work with management on contract negotiations, and gather all necessary paperwork to process orders
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries, payments, product use or implementation (as required)
- Provide feedback (customer/prospect needs, industry trends, market perceptions, competitive intelligence, etc.) to company management, Marketing and Product Management teams
- Conduct online webinars as a means of generating qualified leads
- Plan, promote and conduct round table events in key locations within your territory
- Travel to and attend trade shows, conferences, round tables and onsite visits; 40-50% travel per year
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree/MBA preferred
- Minimum of five years experience selling Enterprise Solutions (SaaS and services) into Fortune 1000 companies
- Comfort and expertise calling on and presenting to C-Suite level contacts, six figure deal sizes and 6-12 month sales cycle
- Proven track record of identifying business issues and creating value while managing multiple stakeholders and decision makers in a complex sales cycle
- Demonstrated history of quota achievement/overachievement
- Highly competitive, entrepreneurial and self-driven
At Gainsight, we don't believe in doing things as a "means to an end." Life's too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that "work vs. life" is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are Our 5 Values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule ("Do unto others..." and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Child-like Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends.
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.
Health benefits include medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401k after first quarter of employment, and unlimited PTO