At quip, we design and deliver delightful products and services that keep your mouth healthy.
As a Global Supply Manager on the Product Operations team, you will be responsible for developing processes and managing commodities across quip’s Consumables and Packaging portfolio. This individual will conduct commodity sourcing and manage supplier business relationships which includes: cost and contract negotiations, quality, and continuity of supply. This person will be responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies with a wide variety of commodity manufacturers.
The ideal candidate would have a proven track record of commodity strategy creation, process documentation and optimization, strategic sourcing, maintaining continuity of supply, developing contract negotiation strategy, cost engineering, risk prevention, and risk mitigation. This role requires an in depth understanding of supply base industry players, manufacturing processes, quality and significant experience building a secure, high-performance, flexible, and stable supply base for assigned commodities.
- Lead and mentor more junior colleagues
- Build out strategies for all commodity types
- Own strategic sourcing activities and new source identification by understanding core competencies and by monitoring changes in buyer and supplier power within core materials market, using industry dynamics to quip’s advantage
- This role includes sourcing, negotiation of cost and terms, onboarding suppliers, managing supplier relationships and performance with primary, raw material and sub-tier suppliers
- Ensure NDA's, SOW's are positioned appropriately before business is initiated, manages and reports on supplier spend, capacity plans, risk mitigation plans.
- Drive multi-sourcing and create competitive environments with suppliers to incentivize quarterly cost reduction targets
- Lead RFQ/RFI process in NPI, develop a should-cost model, and negotiate to achieve product cost targets
- Create and present detailed commodity strategies to senior leadership on a frequent basis
- Develop key supplier performance metrics and organize QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews) with key suppliers to review quality, delivery, cost performance and improvement plan
- Key owner for the supplier relationship with partners, and in accordance with the commodity strategy, drive supplier selection, qualification, development and overall supplier management.
- Interface with cross functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
- Collaborate cross functionally, communicating to senior management about any potential issue which can affect quip’s products.
- At least 5+ years of experience in Global Supply Management
- Ability to lead through influence
- Extensive industry relationships across Packaging and Consumable suppliers
- Experience managing a broad range of commodity types, including contract manufacturing
- Develop, document and execute on RFI, RFQ, cost engineering, contract negotiations, and business award processes
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
- Exceptional analytical and Excel skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to influence across multiple functional teams
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments
- Experience working with suppliers located in North America and Overseas
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast paced environment helping us make oral care simple and effective!
- An office located in the heart of DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan Bridge
- Wifi enabled rooftop
- Fully covered health insurance (with an option to opt into a premium internal dental program)
- Commuter benefits for parking & transit
- Offer competitive paid parental leave policy for qualifying employees
- Flexible work from home options
- Open vacation policy
- Dog friendly office space
- 401k Contribution
- Extended Education Support
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks (make sure to use your quip after snacking!)
- Your very own quip with an unlimited subscription plan
- The opportunity to help us make oral care more simple, effective and accessible!
Most of us aren’t brushing our teeth correctly, either because we don’t know how to do it right, or because we just don’t feel like it. At quip, we design delightful products and experiences to help you care for your mouth better. Our initial product is a beautifully simple electric toothbrush and toothpaste that was featured by Time Magazine as one of the 25 Best Inventions of 2016. With refill brush heads and toothpaste arriving on a 3-monthly schedule, we are now growing our product line with that same standard of design. We pride ourselves on great design and our brand values of simplicity, honesty and accessibility are applied throughout our community.