Head of Business & Corporate Development at Asana
Asana helps you coordinate all the work your team does together. So everyone knows what needs to get done, who’s responsible for doing it, and when it’s due.
- Job title
- Head of Business & Corporate Development
- Job listing last updated at
- Oct 17, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
We’re looking for someone who will be responsible for leading Asana’s business development efforts to strengthen our competitive position and drive strategic partnerships. You will partner with the executive and business leadership teams in developing a strategy for identifying partnerships for new business opportunities and nurturing existing strategic relationships within our partner ecosystem through building strategic alliances and negotiating and closing partnership deals. You’ll manage and grow a small but high performing team and work closely with many teams across the company to develop and support our strategic, platform, consulting, and distribution partnerships, as well as evaluate corporate development opportunities.
- Develop and drive partner strategy and goals to enhance Asana’s competitive position in the market
- Develop deep relationships and structure deals with existing + new strategic partners to deliver long-term value across our partner ecosystem (inclusive of strategic technology, platform, consulting, and distribution partners) in alignment with our business objectives
- Develop strategies and perspectives for each of our strategic technology partners
- Being a subject matter expert on our strategic partners’ core business, products, business model, growth plans and key motivations
- Fostering relationships with senior executives and key functional leads inside our strategic partners
- Evangelize the Asana story to win the hearts and minds of potential partners
- Advocate for partners internally and build strong relationships and alignment to partner strategy across executive and business leaders
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Asana engineering, devrel, product and marketing teams to define product and solution priorities for platform and technology partnerships as well as acquisitions.
- Evaluate and source corporate development opportunities for growth
- 6-8+ years of experience leading business development team and building long lasting strategic partnerships
- 12+ years of B2B/SaaS/enterprise experience (MBA preferred)
- Experience in working with and consulting executive level business, sales, marketing and product leaders
- Experience developing business and investment cases for partnerships
- Successful track record structuring, negotiating and closing deals
- Ability to implement rigor around measuring and reporting out on partner success
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage, coach, and develop others
- Strong planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong internal and external communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and direct multiple initiatives, handle ambiguity, and succeed with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with and understand complex solutions
- Great at driving and maintaining deep relationships with external and internal partners
- Experience in corporate development a plus
- Collaboration/productivity industry and market knowledge a plus
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.