Head of Growth PM at Gusto
It’s time to tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR.
- Job title
- Head of Growth PM
- Job listing last updated at
- Feb 24, 2020
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Gusto is looking for an experienced product leader to head our Growth product management team. Our Growth team is the engine that has scaled Gusto to over 100,000 customers and is responsible for everything from awareness to activation to retention. We’re seeking someone who lives & breathes data, is passionate about experimentation, and is excited to set & achieve ambitious growth targets.
As part of Gusto’s PM leadership team, you’ll develop and execute the Growth product roadmap with a nimble and talented team of PMs. You will have the freedom to run with a product idea and see it through to the end while partnering with our CMO to drive acquisition, activation, and retention holistically. You’ll build a team, a business and set of product experiences that our customers will love and will set the bar for the industry. You will also partner with our Head of Product to evolve our strategy & product management as a team for Gusto as a whole.
If you are a builder of growth teams who thrives on making major business impact at a quickly scaling company, we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead Gusto’s Growth product team: Recruit, hire, and empower a team of PMs
- Develop the Growth product roadmap for a cross-functional team of PMs, engineers, data scientists, designers, and marketers
- Build Gusto’s growth experimentation framework to be used across all user surfaces (in-product and external).
- Define and own key success metrics for user acquisition; create dashboards, analyze data and share learnings.
- Take a data-driven approach to identify our biggest growth opportunities and define our product roadmap for user acquisition
- Articulate and design customer experiences that make our users smile
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Be an owner of products and capabilities, end to end
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of hands-on product management experience, with 5+ years managing growth product teams
- Bring grit, a willingness to roll up your sleeves, and be a hands-on help to your team
- Have a proven track record of building products that delight users and grow organically through SEO, virality or other growth loops.
- Demonstrate creativity in growth hacking, social media and online marketing.
- Be an expert user of data tools such as Google Analytics and Amplitude.
- Use hypothesis-driven multivariate testing and user research to drive product changes.
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, and creative
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers
- Bonus points if you have SaaS experience serving SMBs
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life (what we believe). Gusto has built the first modern all-in-one people platform, bringing together Payroll, Benefits, and HR, under one roof. The company is currently processing several billion dollars in payroll, and serves over 100,000 businesses nationwide (which represents over 1 of all employers in America). Customers love the product (NPS of 75+) and spread the word on social media. The company has over 1,000 employees and is located in San Francisco & Denver.