Head of Machine Learning (remote) at BetterUp
BetterUp helps organizations drive transformation through lasting behavior change for all your key people.
- Job title
- Head of Machine Learning (remote)
- Job listing last updated at
- Jul 10, 2019
- Job listing location
- Anywhere in the U.S.
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like LinkedIn, Salesforce, Visa, Deloitte, and Logitech
We’re looking for a skilled leader who is interested in building out a team and implementing best practices within our new machine learning division. The majority of our engineering team is distributed across the country, and our collaborative approach to product development helps us establish a highly connected and high performing environment.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Collaborate with the engineering, product and design teams to supply data science support for product vision and business decisions
- Build processes that enable our teams to be autonomous and outcome-driven
- Develop a team a team of world-class machine learning engineers and data scientists
- Influence the broader product direction by providing guidance and expertise on data science and machine learning best practices
- Applied AI Architect - Build and deploy machine learning models into production designed for operational excellence with regular validation and iteration.
- Data Amplifier - Enable scalable data inquiries across the organization with data pipelines, ETL processes and feature engineering.
- Product Engineer - Design data driven products and systems with built-in feedback loops for self-optimization.
- Insight Spelunker - Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling.
If you have some or all of the following skills please apply:
- 7+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment
- 3+ years in a leadership role
- Alignment with BetterUp mission of enabling behavior change
- Succeeded in a remote work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Impressive portfolio or Kaggle profile
- Deep understanding of cutting edge machine learning principles and techniques (CNN, learning rates, fast.ai)
- Expertise with Python and machine learning libraries (Numpy, tensorflow)
- Effective analytical presentation skills using living Jupyter notebooks and static presentation formats
- Efficient database modeling techniques and SQL experience
We provide amazing benefits, but if you ask the team, they’ll tell you that the greatest benefit we offer employees is an incredibly meaningful mission and transformative work.
- Full coverage medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- 14 paid annual holidays
- 5 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 “Volunteer Days” to give back
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- 401(k) self contribution
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.