iOS Engineer at Eero
eero replaces your router and blankets your whole home in fast, reliable WiFi.
- Job title
- iOS Engineer
- Job listing last updated at
- May 13, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
We live in a connected world and WiFi has become a critical component to every home. eero is the first company to deliver a whole home WiFi experience using mesh technology to make sure you never have to worry about WiFi ever again. We all believe deeply in what we’re doing, and, as importantly, we enjoy doing it together.
At eero, we’re building the connected home of the future and are looking for a product-focused iOS engineer to help make that happen. Our team, consisting of mobile, cloud, and embedded engineers, works on key features built around the user experience. As an iOS engineer, you will also work closely with our Product and Design teams to identify, prototype, and execute on future consumer experiences. eero’s iOS app is essential to connecting the consumer to their home network, giving them full control of their WiFi and connected devices.
We're looking for you if...
- You have been building iOS applications for 2+ years.
- You have an extensive understanding of iOS app life cycle.
- You have experience writing performant code in iOS applications (we write Swift), and have the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks.
- You have experience consuming RESTful APIs to power mobile applications.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You are comfortable with software development fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- You are at your best when working with a team of engineers and appreciate quality focused habits like code modularity, maintainability, and automated testing.
Things that might interest you:
- At eero we own the full stack. We build our own hardware and deploy everything from the eero firmware, to the cloud services, to the mobile apps. We are truly cross-functional and multi-disciplinary at both the team and company level.
- Our app has a few twists on the traditional API client. We communicate directly with eero hardware via both Bluetooth and HTTP/2 & gRPC using a modern trust model and public key infrastructure.
- We encourage self-directed work along with that assigned by your team. We're always open to discussing refactoring and re-architecting when good ideas come.
- We value simplifying and scaling our build, test, and deployment processes.
We also offer competitive benefits like full medical, dental, and vision coverage, on-site lunches, unlimited and flexible PTO, nine weeks of parental leave, short-term and long-term disability, and contribution towards commute and parking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.