IT Data Engineer at Stitch Fix
Try the personal styling service for everyone! No matter your age, size or budget we’ve got styles for you.
- Job title
- IT Data Engineer
- Job listing last updated at
- Feb 14, 2020
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
About the Team
Our team is made up of bright, kind and motivated people from varied backgrounds, who built and scaled organizations like Airbnb, Shutterfly, Oracle, Google and Netflix. Cross-functional partnerships are deeply meaningful to us and are how we’ve built up immense trust with the people running the business. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way so that value continues to deliver in the long term.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Engineer for the Insights team, which focuses on delivering solutions that enable our finance team to be successful. You will partner with Engineering, Finance, IT, People & Culture (HR) and other teams to understand their requirements, synthesize them, and work with the IT team to build global scalable solutions.
You will design and configure end-to-end solutions—not just features—by developing an understanding of how Stitch Fix works, and collaborating with business partners to define product requirements, plans, and deliverables. Your commitment to applying technology to business challenges in clean & innovative ways will make you a trusted advisor to your partners and their teams. You will own programs and projects, and will impact the business in a tangible, visible way.
In this role as a Data Engineer, you will lead the implementation, design, configuration, and maintenance of an enterprise data warehouse. You’ll work with our Data Architect to make decisions and implement the infrastructure necessary to the management of our custom build financial accounting hub and rules engine. This role will involve building infrastructure to allow data to flow between our engineering & enterprise systems and enable better decision-making throughout our business. The right candidate for this role will have experience in combining open-source and commercial technologies, as well as being comfortable building or buying components to create an enterprise-wide solution.You have experience working on large, cross-functional teams and are an expert in data warehouses, business intelligence systems, and ERP/transactional systems like Oracle Cloud Financials, Anaplan, Essbase.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be responsible for architecting our next gen Data Processing applications and reporting systems/Engine through Python, SQL, Talend, Tableau. Redshift and Big data tools – Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, etc. Relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Craft optimal data processing architecture and systems for new data and ETL pipelines and drive the recommendation for improvements and modifications to existing data and ETL pipelines
- Help to evangelize high quality data engineering practices towards building data infrastructure, pipelines at scale and foster the next-gen State of Art Data Warehouse
- Design and build robust data integrations within our data platform and between the engineering systems to enable touchless data processing.
- Evangelize our reporting platform to embrace new initiative like prescriptive modeling, Self-Serve analytics and machine learning through data engineering solutions
- Drive internal process improvements and automating manual processes for data quality and SLA management
Reporting & BI
- Build rich, interactive, and Executive-facing dashboards to track the progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
- Analyze large data sets to identify, evaluate and prioritize new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development
- Identify key business levers, establish cause and effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various partners to facilitate data-directed decision-making
- Work closely with business partners to develop OKRs, build operating dashboards, and manage performance and reporting to key stakeholders
- Develop an understanding of Stitch Fix’s current state management reporting processes to facilitate future state recommendations
- Collaborate with business partners at all levels to facilitate issues resolution, troubleshoot functional application issues, develop solutions to support business needs, and help determine opportunities to leverage current analytical application capabilities
- Build effective partnerships across teams
- Develop innovation strategies, processes, and best practices; drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects and ensures business needs are being met.
We’re excited about you because…
- You build strong relationships and partnerships. You love people, processes and technologies. You love to interact with Finance and IT to build solutions that empower Finance to be immensely productive.
- You have deep respect for your craft. You are a data expert. You live and breathe data. You get excited about data warehouses, new technologies around data, data analysis and data engineering.
- You are proficient in implementing and executing SOX controls, program change management functions and SOX recertifications. You have led a team of systems analysts, integration developers, QA engineers and data analysts to provide an end-to-end solution using our ERP applications.
- You have exceptional communication skills. You have the ability to develop and communicate the program objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment with the business strategy. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and “sell” the program goals and objectives to the business, as well as technical leadership.
- You have amazing qualifications. You have more than 5+ years of industry experience. You have demonstrated success in managing complex and/or large scale global projects.
- You are respectful, empathetic, and humble. We want you to take your work seriously and be open to personal and professional growth. However you can also have a lot of fun doing your work. Successful people show everyone respect and consideration.
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Have sunny offices in downtown San Francisco, CA
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.