IT Support Specialist at Allbirds
The world's most comfortable shoes, made with natural materials like merino wool, eucalyptus tree fiber, and sugar cane, Allbirds has created the comfiest shoes
- Job title
- IT Support Specialist
- Job listing last updated at
- Feb 4, 2020
- Job listing location
- Allbirds HQ
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
As a fast-growing, global company, we need your help to grow our IT organization into a world-class operation. Managing onboarding and offboarding processes, assigning physical assets, supporting enterprise SaaS products, enforcing security policies, and configuring retail store technology at scale are just a few of the projects you will work on. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to expand our core IT team in order to sustain our rapid growth.
What does the job entail?
- Serve as an ambassador for the IT organization with our internal customers
- Provide technical support related to laptops, software, printers, video conferencing equipment, and mobile devices
- Setup equipment for new hires
- Identify inbound IT requests and provide tier 1 support for these requests
- Escalate requests internally to IT Engineering or other departments that manage SaaS relationships
- Work with cross-functional partners to find efficiencies and execute improvements to our internal systems
- Highlight trends and patterns from internal customer inquiries, and injected positive change across the business with creative tools to aid our customers, as well as more effective self-help knowledge base
- In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on macOS, Chrome OS, Windows 10, and various applications including Office and Adobe suites
- Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO, including G Suite (Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, Groups)
What kind of person are we looking for?
You love to communicate with people, solve problems, and generally be part of a team that is doing important work.
More practical skills needed:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing environment
- You get satisfaction making other people's lives better
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas and take ownership of work
- Experience in GSuite or Okta Administration a plus
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented
- Curious about technology and how it can be used to solve business problems
- Able to juggle multiple conversations with customers, and track trends and data to help improve customer happiness
- Curious and eager to question assumptions, and then take the initiative to find creative solutions
- General understanding of networking (DHCP. DNS, Internal and External IP Structure)
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Free shoes
- Pup friendly office!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.