As an IT Technical Program Manager, you are in a leadership position within the IT organization – to partner with IT delivery teams and internal business teams to deliver projects and programs. You will be a point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. Employing both a strategic focus, as well as a tactical approach is a requirement in this role. You will not only have strong TPM experience, but also demonstrated experience with process development and project implementation in a SaaS and agile environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the IT organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Project manage various initiatives within and beyond IT, across multiple teams, including business teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Scrum Master one or more IT delivery teams; and champion the adoption of agile best practices across IT.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Lead collaborative sessions to introduce new processes / workflows, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of initiatives.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 5-8 years total in project or program management experience in a cloud, modern IT organization
- Minimum 3-5 years hands-on project management experience in a software, SaaS or business systems development environment
- Minimum 2 years hands-on Scrum Master experience in a software, SaaS or business systems development environment
- Hands-on experience project or program managing an initiative from start to finish
- Project and/or program management experience driving enhancements to business systems, and interfacing with internal business customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence without authority
- Strong technical aptitude / affinity; experience working hand-in-hand with business systems’ technical owners, configuration administrators, software engineers, configuration administrators, quality and test engineers and/or business process owners
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Self-starter – able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment
- Thrives in a dynamic environment with a high rate of change
- Experience working in a start-up environment desired
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Training in Agile and Scrum
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer