Lead Machine Learning Data Scientist at Glassdoor
Search millions of jobs and get the inside scoop on companies with employee reviews, personalized salary tools, and more. Hiring? Post a job for free.
- Job title
- Lead Machine Learning Data Scientist
- Job listing last updated at
- Jul 3, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
You’ll be part of a very fast-growing and rapidly innovating machine learning team within Glassdoor, building our next generation of products. You will help define the ML roadmap and then be the owner of modeling and delivery of machine learning products to support our recruiter and job seeker products. The work will include such things as defining user segments to personalize user experiences and email products, improving our salary estimate products, further automation of moderating user-generated content, etc. A typical week would comprise brainstorming with product on next-gen features, prototyping models and improving model features, and collaborating with engineers to deploy ML pipelines and products.
The ideal candidate will be extremely curious, have a strong scientific background in computer science and machine learning, and be obsessed with results. You exercise very sound judgment and have the ability to balance sophistication with simplicity, scientific rigor with pragmatism, and agility with quality. All of this with the tightly coupled goals of helping employers recruit and growing Glassdoor’s revenue.
- Be a key member of the machine learning team creating the next generation of Glassdoor’s recruiting tools
- Leverage the state-of-the-art machine learning and AI technology to build search ranking, recommendation and matching algorithms
- Work closely with engineering team to deliver machine learning models into production
- Participate in the engineering planning, help define the roadmap for machine learning and engineering;
- Be a visionary technical leader in creating predictive machine learning algorithms to increase user engagement and search revenue
- Exhibits passion that elevates and inspires the team.
- 3+ years of experience in building machine learning systems, from prototyping to business impact
- Solid software development experience in Python or Java, including translating ML models into production software
- Deep understanding of machine learning and statistical methods with their underlying theory and math
Experience with distributed machine learning frameworks, like Spark or Hive
- Strong and persuasive communication skills
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline like Computer Science (with focus on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence) or related disciplines.
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.