Lead Product Designer-Expert Use at Stitch Fix
Try the personal styling service for everyone! No matter your age, size or budget we’ve got styles for you.
- Job title
- Lead Product Designer-Expert Use
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 18, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
About the Team
At Stitch Fix, the Expert Use team creates and builds solutions and services across our entire business, to enable us to achieve our vision of transforming the way people find what they love.
We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We use vast amounts of client and internal data to clarify decisions throughout the company. We thrive in the overlap of people and tech, tackling problems not only of interfaces, but also emotion, physical space, and movement. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients, a revolutionary way of operating, and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity - what will you contribute?
About the Role
On the Expert Use side of the Stitch Fix Product Design team, we support four major platforms: customer, styling, merchandising, and warehouse. We initiate and support cross-product projects. Stitch Fix has a user-centered culture and we help surface user research to the teams who use it to make decisions. The team is currently small, so we're looking for top-notch designers to help us shape design process within the company.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work on wicked complex problems and systems, across a variety of interface and interaction types, spaces, and user groups. This includes physical and spatial considerations, designing for specific environments and specialized audiences.
- Work closely with the merchandising, warehouse, and/or styling business team as you craft extraordinary user experiences and ensure that UX requirements are set and met for the internal systems that drive our business.
- Work closely with our algorithms team to incorporate data insights into designs, as well as to deliver data-rich content to users in simple ways.
- Deliver production-quality solutions that improve the business and the abilities of Stitch Fix’s employees to make better, faster decisions.
- Integrate qualitative and quantitative insights about our users and business to propose thoughtful, human-centered features, processes, and interface designs.
- Plan, lead, and manage your projects, from collaborative ideation to research strategy to execution.
- Lead cross-functional teams in collaborative problem solving and user-centered design.
- Evaluate your designs with designers and team members – from discovery research to running a usability study to evaluations with our data science team.
- Partner with engineering and QA to ensure that the deployed design is the right level of polish and quality for its purpose.
- Be an integral part of our team by contributing to style guides, evangelizing UX in the company, providing design feedback and critiques, and inspiring the team to improve our design practice.
- Mentor the more junior designers on the team to grow their skills and contributions, and help them to develop as product designers.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years experience as a UX / product designer for expert-use software.
- You posses an “always-learning” attitude and practice.
- You have a passion for complex systems and problems, and for working closely with the users who will depend on your solutions.
- You champion a fundamentally user-centered and reality-based approach to UX design.
- Experience with Fitts’ Law and ergonomic design practice and an aggressive approach to increasing operator efficiency.
- You tell clear stories about your work, have strong presentation skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are excellent at prioritizing, planning, and executing work that is right-sized.
- Fantastic interaction design, app design, and process design skills.
- Excellent UX research skills and strong research strategy practice.
- Strong visual interface design skills.
- An educational background in human-computer interaction, interaction design, human factors design, or similar.
- Supplementary design skills, like voice design, hands-free design, service/system design, front-end coding, and/or sound design are a plus.
- A knack for UI copy is a plus.
You will love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- Are a successful, fast-growing company with a start-up work vibe.
- Are a technology and data-centric business, all in the service of our customers.
- Offer competitive salaries, equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart and experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Are a group of bright and kind people who are motivated by challenge.
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings substantial positive impact to our users every day.
About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is an online personal style service for men and women combining art and science to disrupt and redefine the retail industry. We’re the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a refined shopping experience. Using a blend of art and science, we deliver a deeply personalized shopping service to our customers. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. This novel juxtaposition—at once analytical and artistic, technical and adventurous—attracts an extraordinary collection of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. Our diverse workforce has catalyzed enormous company growth over the past three years in terms of customer satisfaction and service efficacy. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business. We’d love for you to help us carry on the trend.