Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
As a Localization Project Manager, you function as a business partner with internal stakeholders by defining internationalization and localization strategies for your projects, and with external agencies and vendors on operations. You are responsible to understand in which markets there is a need and an opportunity for Pinterest campaigns, to identify requirements, craft scalable solutions to these requirements for global markets, and for the localization workflow from request creation to job completion. This is a 6 month contract position.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, execute and own traditional localization project management tasks, such as designing and implementing end-to-end localization frameworks, localization schedules LSP management, quality KPIs check, deployment of localized assets as well as bug fixing, implementation and testing
- Collect business and systems requirements from internal customers, and drive project schedules from development commit to release
- Communicate roadmaps, progress, risks and change control to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
- Establish and evolve localization processes, anticipate project challenges and develop solutions
- Educate and guide agencies, engineers, product managers and designers on internationalization and localization best practices
- Outstanding time-management skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a global team environment
- Thorough knowledge of various file formats, as pertains to their localization - HTML, XML, Photoshop, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in localization project management
- Experience with CMS, TMS, and CAT tools
- BA/BS in Linguistics, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, and passionate about working cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of a second (or third!) language