Manager, Data Science & Analytics at Prezi
Now creating, giving, and tracking beautiful interactive presentations is as easy as 1,2,3.
- Job title
- Manager, Data Science & Analytics
- Job listing last updated at
- May 1, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
The data science and analytics team is looking for a Manager, Data Science and Analytics to work with and lead a team of data scientists/analysts in our San Francisco office. Do you have a passion for working with web, product, and user behavioral data to help define strategy, guide operations, and improve business performance and impact? You will have a direct impact on how we build experiences and products that empower our users to be the best communicators in the world.
We are looking for someone to join our team to work on and lead strategic and impactful projects, by leveraging large structured, unstructured and transactional data sets from a variety of sources, analyze and understand customer behavior and usage patterns and make actionable recommendations using machine learning, data mining and solid business knowledge.
We are looking for an experienced individual who loves working across the entire data science and analytics spectrum of building pipelines, managing data sets, developing impactful analyses and models, and work closely with the business teams in implementing those and have a huge impact on the business. This person would also be a champion of data and help the marketing team become best-in-class in using data and making data-driven decisions.
- Conduct end-to-end analyses from the conception (requirements specification, data processing), all the way to the end result and presentation.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, marketing managers, product owners, engineers, designers, and user researchers.
- A key partner to our executive leadership to measure and analyze our progress towards our company key objectives. Ability to articulate this into actionable insights and suggest execution strategies to support this.
- Create the necessary dashboards and reports for your clients, and provide insights into emerging patterns and trends. Work at a fast pace with large datasets.
- Understand our business deeply, understand the impact of our product flows, audiences, and pathways
- Proactively discover hidden relationships within data, solve difficult analytical problems.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations that will help drive every decision we make.
- Foster a healthy data culture and enable self-service data throughout the company.
- Manage and mentor junior and mid-level analysts to complete complex tasks across marketing and other key customer areas.
- Be willing to roll-up the sleeves and do the hard work. This role would be about 50% team management and 50% hands-on work
- Can build, grow and motivate a team of data scientists/analysts. Previous experience in managing teams or mentoring junior team members in setting workloads and managing projects is a plus
- 6+ years of experience in data/business analytics with large datasets (Internet, banking, SAAS, marketing, retail)
- 4+ years working with Redshift, and or other data warehouse platforms
- 3+ years working with marketing, and/or knowledge of marketing metrics
- Familiarity with comprehensive statistical analyses:
- Statistical methodology: eg. A/B testing, clustering
- Predictive modeling: eg. decision trees, regressions
- Know at least one statistical software: preferably R or Python
- Proficiency in data transformation: SQL and Python or any other scripting language
- Familiar with Google Analytics
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating and maintaining ETL pipelines, job schedulers is an advantage
- Knowledge of freemium subscription models and B2C (business to consumer) audiences is a plus
- Ability to connect complex business goals with real-time customer information and user interactions.
- Wants to be part of a global team, willing to travel to Budapest, Hungary or Riga, Latvia on occasion
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Physics or related areas
We work with these technologies
- SQL, Spark, Hive, Python, R, Chartio, Bash, Git, Kafka
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, EMR, Redshift