HintMD is a well-funded technology start-up in the aesthetics industry. Our platform offers a seamless, simple and smart payment solution that enables physicians to offer patients a premium experience, every time. HintMD’s team of leaders – not bosses – is committed to success and includes successful entrepreneurs, industry experts and people passionate about making a difference in our customers’ lives. We work hard and play hard, approaching every day with a can-do attitude and never forgetting to give back to the community while having fun along the way.
Our company believes in shared success and offers equity for full-time employees, as well as full health insurance coverage, disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) options and generous vacation time.
HintMD’s headquarters are in beautiful Pleasanton, California.
The Revenue Accounting Manager will play a key role in the HintMD financial organization as we move towards commercialization of PayFac. This role will work alongside the Senior Management to implement revenue and account receivables operations and providing ongoing accounting support primarily in those areas.
- Collaborate with commercial organization, legal, and senior management to update and maintain Company’s revenue recognition policies.
- Drive and establish recurring accounting procedures in revenue, including, but not limited to, providing technical guidance, drafting technical memos and performing analyses on revenue transactions.
- Assist in implementation of new order to cash system including, but not limited to, test pilot, test script review, user validation, and post-implementation activities.
- Assist in reviewing revenue contracts to evaluate revenue recognition treatment and ensuring that revenue is booked and accounted for appropriately.
- Coordinate with internal resources and third-party vendors and firms in completing significant and complex revenue accounting matters and deliverables.
- Collaborate and interact closely with business partners (both on & off site) as part of information gathering, analysis and vetting.
- Maintain recurring accounting procedures in revenue, including, but not limited to, accounting for allowances, contract assets, variable considerations, gross vs. net, commissions, cut-off, and warranties during pre-launch and post commercialization.
- Active participation in discussions to review or renegotiating contracts with customers and provide recommendations for recognition in accordance with company’s policy and relevant accounting literature.
- Participate in period-end accounting close and cross functional coordination to ensure the close is completed timely.
- Prepare data and other supporting information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by internal and external auditors.
- Maintain proper internal controls over financial reporting and other required accounting documentation to satisfy external audit requirements.
- Take an active role within the accounting organization to drive goal achievement, while evaluating and recommending process improvements.
- Maintain and update revenue and account receivables accounting policies and procedures, as needed.
- May assist in evaluating accounting treatment for transactions related to inventory, researching relevant accounting literature, and drafting technical accounting memorandums, as necessary.
- Manage other special projects or activities as needed, especially with other technical accounting matters.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or equivalent )
Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 4 years in public accounting or 7 years of combined relevant experience in industry and public accounting
- Sarbanes-Oxley 404 public accounting or industry experience
- Payment industries experience
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM
- Experienced with implementation of new systems or tools and related processes
- Prior managerial experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient working knowledge in revenue and account receivables accounting operations and processes
- Advanced knowledge in applying ASC 606 and complex multiple performance obligations
- In-depth knowledge in revenue accounting and processes
- Positive, strong work ethic and a collaborative team player
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Unquestionable integrity and personal ethics
- Ability to adapt and prioritize competing projects
- Ability to communicate with impact both in writing and verbally
- Demonstrate strong project management skills with the ability to anticipate events, prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment
- Proficiency in core Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, and SharePoint
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Working knowledge of collaboration revenue models
- Internal or external client support experience
- Experience using other Microsoft Office tools such as Teams, Planner, and Visio