Managing Editor at Webflow
Webflow gives designers and developers the power to design, build, and launch responsive websites visually, while writing clean, semantic code for you.
- Job title
- Managing Editor
- Job listing last updated at
- Feb 10, 2020
- Job listing location
- San Francisco HQ
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers people to create incredible experiences for the web, without coding.
We’re looking for an editor to help us make the Webflow blog a leading web design and development publication, increasing awareness, adoption, and retention through inspiring, helpful content.
About the role
- San Francisco (remote considered)
As the editor of the Webflow blog, you’ll …
- Help define and oversee implementation of the editorial mission and calendar for the Webflow blog and ebook library
- Manage and grow a pool of talented freelance, community, and internal writers
- Elevate the incredible creative work of the Webflow community through compelling stories and informative best-practices content
- Work with the marketing team to improve distribution of Webflow blog content through SEO, manual promotion, and content partnerships
- Support distribution of content focused on the work of teams like Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, Education, Product Design, Community, and People
- Ensure the quality and usefulness of our content through your editorial acumen and content strategy chops, through everything from high-level planning to detailed developmental and line editing
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encouraged you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects directly related to Webflow.
You’ll thrive as the editor of the Webflow blog if you:
- Have (at least) strong working knowledge of the web design and development industry and its principles, best practices, and core concerns
- Are familiar with Chicago, AP, and/or Yahoo! style guides
- Can quickly internalize and ensure adherence to brand voice, tone, style, and messaging guidelines
- Understand that content quality is vital, but also needs rigorous distribution effort
- Can spot a mangled sentence, typo, or unnecessary double-space-after-period from at least one mile away
- Have a bone to pick with at least one phrase in this job description
However, even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will not only be defined by what we do — but by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave for moms and dads
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Managing Editor and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.