Portfolio Manager (Bay Area) at Mynd
You can rely on us for modern property management, including fast leasing, data and insights, as well as multi-channel communication. Get peace of Mynd.
- Job title
- Portfolio Manager (Bay Area)
- Job listing last updated at
- Feb 18, 2020
- Job listing location
- Oakland, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled property management company for the small residential industry (single-family rentals and apartment buildings up to 49 units in size). This is a massive mom-and-pop industry that has never been scaled, and Mynd intends to be the first-to-scale. Today, Mynd manages 9,000 units in 16 markets and is rapidly growing nationwide.
By combining great talent with on-the-ground experts, data and our proprietary technology, Mynd delivers an unparalleled customer experience for both owners and residents. Offering best-in-class property management is a start but building an end-to-end investment platform is the north star. No company has ever been this dedicated to raising the bar in the industry to create happy homes and healthy investments for all. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd has been named one of the 10 Best Tech Startups in Oakland by the Tech Tribune and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, and Jackson Square Partners.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals, across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee build other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by a great customer experience. Join us!
About the Role
The Portfolio Manager runs a portfolio of small multi-unit and single family buildings throughout a Mynd-defined geographic footprint. They are responsible for all phases of property management in their area, including leasing, turns, resident relations, repairs & maintenance, and owner communications.
Mynd’s unique approach to ‘team property management’ provides the Portfolio Manager with a wealth of centralized resources to help them execute all phases of management for their portfolio. Between these resources and their own area staff, the successful Portfolio Manager must know how to efficiently and effectively lead a team of people while consistently solving the myriad of escalations that arise during day to day operations.
The Portfolio Manager loves both real estate and technology, and wants to use their property management skills to build a truly next generation property management company.
Outcomes you will Achieve
- Manage a portfolio inclusive of both small multi-family buildings (2 - 50 units) and single family residential homes to meet company objectives and metrics.
- Act as primary point of contact between associates in the field and centralized functions.
- Utilize technology and judgement to assess, organize and schedule tasks by priority and
geographical location. Ensure recurring and one-time tasks are completed.
- Oversee Maintenance Technicians, who deliver notices, complete inspections, perform work orders and turns, and various other support tasks for property management.
- Oversee Onsite Managers, who live on the premise of any property with sixteen or more apartments and perform various tasks at the property.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times to owners, prospects and residents.
- Enthusiastically support innovation by testing software, processes and organizational changes and providing feedback.
- 3+ years of experience as a property manager with single family homes.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable source of transportation.
- Experience with Propertyware software a plus.
- Ability to work well using mobile office electronic tools. Strong understanding of technology, including Google Applications and Microsoft Office.
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Receptive to learning new tools and exchanging knowledge.
- Accustomed to going above and beyond.
- Excellent communicator, team player, resourceful, organized and mindful of time management.