About the Team
Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love. Our Product Design team has designed unique, innovative software for customers, merchandising, styling and warehouse and inventory management. We leverage user research and customer data to personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a powerful offering to customers and a successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we're looking for top-notch designers to contribute to our evolution.
The Engagement Experience product design team works as a functional team inside our Customer Facing focused Product Organization. The team is responsible for designing experiences that enable Stitch Fix customers to explore and develop their personal style that inspire and solve all their wardrobe and styling needs. We work closely with the Product, Engineering, Algorithm, and Product Marketing teams to create compelling experiences that help our customers get more value from Stitch Fix.
About the Role
As Principal Product Designer on the Customer Facing team, you will enable us to uplevel our ability to create a tailored and beautiful experience for our returning customers. You’ll be an integral part of driving the evolution of our customer experience as the business continues to transform the way customers find what they love that leverages the unique talents of all the teams involved.
We’ll be looking for you to influence the team and our org in several ways.You’ll work closely with product to design and deliver end-to-end experiences across web and native app platforms. You’ll work with cross-functional leaders to drive strategy and roadmaps for core areas of the product. You’ll guide the product design team in innovation and ideation while being a champion for quality of the customer experience. This role will also act as an advocate and expert on the customer experience, product design, and research. You’ll help set vision for extending our returning customer experience throughout the broader org.
Candidate must submit a portfolio to be considered for this position (please include password)
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with cross functional teams to establish a vision for innovative and complex areas of our customer experience. Create compelling stories and set world class consumer experience. Hold the highest craft principles, inspiring teams around you with outstanding design solutions and communication skills.
- Contribute to the near and long term visions for features and product lines across applicable devices.
- Lead and execute on top-notch consumer UX solutions by planning and managing your own work. Build and test prototypes with live data to quickly learn and iterate on designs.
- Connect your work to the company strategy and quarterly goals; know what success looks like.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and design workshops for actionable outcomes; bring an inclusive mindset to your leadership approach.
- Leverage research data, design principles, or other objective information to support and communicate design decisions
- Partner with the design platform team and engineering to assure design system coherence and quality of the deployed product.
- Develop your point of view and identify opportunities to innovate and evolve the product experience for returning customers.
- Establish a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for users and user-centered design practices
- Inspire the teams around you and contribute your voice to the Product Design team by providing design feedback and thought partnership, mentoring and pairing with other designers and growing the team culture and goals.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have 8+ years experience as a product designer for consumer-grade software across various digital channels (web and mobile) and localization of the service.
- Design outstanding interaction and interface solutions for which you can clearly articulate your rationale.
- Demonstrate leadership, humility and flexibility in cross-functional discussions that serve to align on smart product decisions.
- Can juggle multiple priorities and navigate between strategic work and detailed execution.
- Have experience visualizing, owning, and executing the creation of product from initial concepts and wireframes, to collaborating with engineers on implementation in an agile environment.
- Build and test prototypes with live data to quickly learn and iterate on designs.
- Tell concise stories about your work and have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Get excited about combining data insights with qualitative research to understand test results and recommend next steps.
- Are curious and continuously learning about how to engage customers and solve their pain points.
- Strong visual design sense with clean typography and layout understanding.
- Received your professional education or training in human-computer interaction, interaction design, visual communication design or a related field.
- Supplementary skills, like service design, motion design, copywriting or front-end development are a plus.
- You are in touch with current design methodologies and industry standards
You’ll love working at Stitch Fix because…
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation.
- We are a technologically and data-driven business.
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love.”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things.
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- We challenge and develop ourselves and have meaningful impact.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We value diverse thought and talent, and we strive to create an inclusive culture
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.