Product Designer at Proxy
Proxy is a digital identity platform that empowers people to authenticate and interact with devices in the physical world using their smartphone.
- Job title
- Product Designer
- Job listing last updated at
- Jan 24, 2020
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Let's start with why we exist...
At Proxy, we believe that humans should be empowered, rather than beholden to technology, and that technology should be used to make our experiences in the world frictionless. Our vision is to live in a world where the technology and services we use can securely recognize our physical presence and seamlessly provide us with an experience personalized to our individual needs and preferences. Most importantly - The ability to do this with complete control of your personal data and privacy.
Why this role exists...
At its core, Proxy wants to redefine the way that people interact with technology. Our products not only need to look incredible... they also need to define entirely new behaviors... and reflect our values **from start to finish.
We need a creative, empathetic person to bring us closer to realizing the personalized, frictionless future we envision. To build a suite of impactful products that transcend enterprise and consumer realms at scale. Sound easy? There's a twist: if we do our jobs correctly, the majority of users won't even need to open our app.
We’re looking for that human who can design a seamless user experience across all product lines (mobile, iPad, web apps, smart watch) — one that feels like magic. Someone who can translate the most ambitious vision for the future into something tangible. Someone who welcomes a rapidly changing environment and isn't afraid to jump into multiple projects.
- You’re a digital product designer— anthropologist, user researcher, UI expert, Picasso across digital mediums. You can complete any task thrown at you, ranging from building a directory of data-driven personas, to leveraging the latest and greatest visual design techniques, to testing prototypes in the field.
- You are fluent in the tools and processes required to make a stunning app (mobile, iPad, web, & beyond). Sketch & Invision are great- but you're the expert, so you can tell us what works best!
- You have experience working at a fast-paced startup environment with new challenges every day. You can work well with product, engineering, and marketing people.
- Your portfolio speaks for itself.
- Be the first in-house product designer at Proxy, setting the direction for the experience across our apps = major impact!
- Help build out a talented design team.
- Work directly with the CEO and C-Suite.