Product Manager, Growth at Evernote
Evernote helps you capture and prioritize ideas, projects, and to-do lists, so nothing falls through the cracks.
- Job title
- Product Manager, Growth
- Job listing last updated at
- Jul 11, 2019
- Job listing location
- Redwood City, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
We’re looking for a Product Manager, Growth with strong analytical skills, practical business experience, and an ambition to have a significant impact growing a global technology company with 225M+ registered users. The right candidate will have a desire to work amongst product, engineering, design, marketing, and analytics to drive the business. For the right candidate, we will consider the Senior Product Manager title.
Who You Are: You love problem-solving. Your natural acumen for finding ways to create a better user experience that produces business results relies on an incredibly high attention to detail, a drive for perfection and the ability to mask something incredibly complex behind something beautifully simple. You take strong ownership of decisions and actions while subsuming individual ego to ensure that Evernote users and Evernote find success.
What You’ll Be Doing: You’ll serve as a key team member of Evernote’s Growth Experiments team, devising ways to engage our users more and grow revenue. You will work with key members from every department to devise and optimize various tactics to activate and monetize Evernote’s user base,.
- Testing: Design, develop and execute key optimization experiments and high-impact initiatives to increase activation and monetization of the tens of thousands of new users that register for Evernote daily. Partner with other functions to ensure clear prioritization and impact to shared resources (like channels) for maximum impact.
- Planning: Set the growth experiment team's product roadmap by collaborating with the rest of the engineers, designers and analysts on the Growth Experiments team, the Customer Marketing team and the Leadership Team. Define and prioritize areas for testing, creating hypotheses, and following up on test results to ensure that we are learning and sharing findings broadly.
- Communication: Work closely with the engineers, designers and analysts on the Growth Experiments team to understand, digest and socialize key programs, tests, learnings and other insights. Communicate the team’s ongoing experiments, past results and upcoming plans with the Leadership Team, Marketing organization and broader company, with special attention to tests that may overlap or impact ongoing marketing initiatives.
- Research: Lead qualitative and quantitative diagnoses to understand the microcosms of user behavior at key points in activation/monetization funnels to help identify opportunities to increase effectiveness in moving people through. Put these learnings to action with your Product decisions and communicate to other Product teams and Marketing teams on suggested improvements to areas of their ownership.
- Education: Staying abreast of all learnings from either the Marketing team and the Growth Experiments team, and evangelizing them to appropriate parties. Help bridge the knowledge gaps that teams may have and ensure that we’re all working cohesively towards creating a better experience for Evernote’s users. Of particular interest are the personas of users that install and use Evernote, and the larger desires and problems that they’re facing.
- 3+ years of experience is required, with a background in Product Management, Growth or Analytics at a tech company ideally focused on mobile consumer apps
- A strong penchant for understanding users, and the micro-emotions that shape and define their journey through a product experience
- A data-driven approach to learning that couples strongly with a qualitative approach to understanding
- A background in designing, executing and analyzing A/B experiments to optimize product experiences
- Background and familiarity in working with product and engineering groups is required, a degree in an engineering or technical field is a plus.
- SQL proficiency along with the ability to tell a story from data analysis, both visually (using analytics tools such as Tableau), and through presentation materials
- Proven ability to influence, build strong collaborative working relationships across departments and at all levels, and be seen as a trusted and objective advisor
- Experience in improving organizational efficiency in previous roles
- Experience (and preferably an enjoyment of) balancing numerous different priorities and demands
- Strategic thinker with excellent business judgment and strong product/market intuition
- High-energy, team-first, positive attitude