Product Marketing Manager - Health at 23andMe
Discover what 125+ personalized reports have to say about your ancestry, health, traits and more.
- Job title
- Product Marketing Manager - Health
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 5, 2019
- Job listing location
- Headquarters - Mountain View
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
23andMe is looking for an incredible Product Marketing Manager (or Senior PMM) to join our growing gene pool! The ideal candidate is passionate about the convergence of health, technology, and consumer empowerment. You care about the consumer experience and the latest products and services (genetics, activity trackers, exercise). You have a strong process and methodology to identify what makes a product phenomenal. The ideal candidate has a deep, and passionate, understanding of consumers and what makes them tick. You have successfully integrated a variety of marketing tools for product roadmaps, product development, product positioning and product launches. These key areas include: consumer research, segmentation, media, creative, market analysis and lifetime value to name a few. You are strategic, you connect the dots, yet, you love working in a scrappy startup culture where everyone will roll up their sleeves to get the job done. You are a team player and can collaborate closely and effectively with other cross-department key stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Lead, develop and launch marketing plans for products and services with: Consumer Insights, Marketing, Engineering, Product, Finance and Customer Care teams.
- Identify and understand our key customer segments for products, and collaborate closely with Consumer Insights to determine what customers want.
- Partner closely with Health Brand Manager and Product Science leaders to ensure alignment and cohesive product positioning, strategy and future vision based on customer needs.
- Follow trends in health tech to keep track of what is in the market and influence pricing/value to consumers.
- Represent existing customer perspectives and insights to: our senior executives, our product team, our marketers, key partners and the company at large.
- Serve as an inspiring leader anticipating consumer needs and driving critical customer decisions. Which features should we include in the next version of the product? How important is mobile in the consumer lifecycle?
- Establish positive relationships with Product, Product Science, Engineering and other cross-functional groups to enable better collaboration and communication across groups.
- Lead new, strategic initiatives that further differentiate our products. We can’t tell you what they are, but they are the most important things we are working on.
- Focus on our competitors, their offerings, and how they serve customers in the same segment. Can we learn anything from them?
- Lead efforts to hone our product positioning, messaging and value proposition across marketing channels.
- Develop communications documents that serve as a source of truth for marketing and product teams.
- Forecast how well new initiatives will do under various scenarios. Think of new projects and products as businesses that you will run.
- Conduct tests to understand what will work (and what won’t).
- Be ground zero for new product launches. How do we tell the world about them? Can we put marketing dollars behind them? What will the PR people say?
What you’ll bring
- MBA strongly preferred.
- 5+ years experience in marketing, brand management, product marketing or related.
- Deep curiosity about consumers.
- Interest in health genetics and related topics: diagnostic tests, exercise, longevity, quantified self, performance.
- Deep understanding of relevant technologies: health products and services, the internet and computers, mobile.
- Teammate. You can lead a matrixed team from consideration all the way through execution.
- Multidisciplinary. You can build a model, jury-rig a screenshot, PPT your point of view, write well.
- Fast study. You learn quickly and can roll up your sleeves.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.