Warehouse Associate at Good Eggs
Absurdly fresh groceries, delivered.
- Job title
- Warehouse Associate
- Job listing last updated at
- Jul 18, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco Foodhub
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
As a Warehouse Associate, you'll work collaboratively with a small team on the day-to-day functioning of our Foodhub. You'll have a range of duties that help get great local food to our customers, detailed below.
This position pays $16.00 per hour. We also offer great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full- and part-time employees (30 hours per week) and dependents. We're also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week! This is a part-time position. We have multiple shifts available. Please select your preference below.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Product staging and storage
- Product preparation including: weighing and separating product, marking with identifying information
- Packing of groceries and similar items
- Cleaning and organizing of returned materials and general food hub area
- Inventory management tasks
- Loading & unloading of cars and trucks
- Maintain quality of service by following operational standards
Our ideal candidate has:
- Some warehousing, farm, farmers market, restaurant, or grocery experience is a plus
- Experience working on a team
- Outstanding communication skills
- Time management skills; experience working on a deadline
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with basic computer skills; ability to learn and use new software
- You’ll use a smartphone and a computer for part of your job. You should be familiar with navigating your way through different computer apps and programs.
- You should be well versed in units of measure and the use of digital scales and thermometers.
- You should be prepared to use standard warehousing tools as well.
- You’ll handle groceries, so you’ll need to be able to lift heavy grocery bags and physically move around a warehouse with ease.
- Personal attire appropriate to work in walkin coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
- Some work duties may be performed outdoors.
- Some work duties may be performed in walkin coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Deepen your knowledge of locally produced food by engaging with our producer and eater community.
- Incredible work environment with passionate, accomplished team members.
- Locally-sourced team meals made by our on-site chefs, team visits to our local farmers and foodmakers, and employee discounts on amazing local food!
- Most of all -- Good Eggs offers an opportunity to use your energy, creativity and enthusiasm to participate in building a better food system.
About Good Eggs:
Good Eggs is an online market that delivers good groceries to customers' homes throughout the Bay Area, seven days a week.
We’re making it easy for busy people to eat well at home by curating a marketplace full of the best local, organic produce, sustainable meat and fish, and delicious grocery staples. Order your groceries today on our site or iOS app, and they’ll be on your doorstep tomorrow. It’s that simple.
What's driving us to get the best food into the hands of more people? Well, we're on a mission to grow and sustain local food systems worldwide, and our entire passionate and creative team shares a common drive to change the world. If you hear that and think, "Hey! That's me!", please get in touch! We're always looking for like-minded comrades to join the team.
To apply, go to: