Release Engineer at Vungle
The leading in-app video advertising platform for performance marketers
- Job title
- Release Engineer
- Job listing last updated at
- Apr 22, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Engineering at Vungle:
The DevOps Team at Vungle is a 24/7 operation in charge of maintaining the platform Vungle uses to run production systems. You'll experience a mix of activities from building our continuous integration and deployment infrastructure, automating our build process, revamping our git-flow and supporting the engineering teams. This role is focused on building, enhancing and maintaining our build & release process. There is plenty of room to learn about the software deployment side of things as well.
Technologies We Use:
- AWS, GCP
- Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Travis CI
- Redis, Mongo, Cassandra, Kafka, MemSQL
- Golang, Scala, Python, NodeJS
- Spark, Redshift, ElasticSearch (ELK stack)
- Datadog, New Relic, Pagerduty
- Ability to balance doing things right with fixing things quickly. Flexible and pragmatic, while working towards improving the long-term health of the system.
- You have a strong systems experience & infrastructure knowledge.
- You understand application development workflow.
- You will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and recommending solutions to improve the development process.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to ensure success of the build tools & process operation. You will be closely collaborating with other engineering and product teams to ensure that expected build & deploy behavior is understood and identify gaps.
- You will be called upon to support the stack in the event of a failure.
- Ability to develop tools and scripts to support the build and deploy pipeline.
- Maintain and administer Jenkins and other build tools.
- Unify the approach all of engineering tasks for build & release
- 5+ years of experience working in a continuous integration / deployment system
- Expertise in configuring and maintaining Jenkins & Jenkins pipelines
- Expertise with git, git commands and git workflows
- Experience with GO, Python and other scripting languages
- Experience with building CI/CD for docker & kubernetes environments.
- Knowledge of different deployment strategies such as Canary, Blue-Green, etc
- Hands-on Kubernetes or Docker experience, including deployment tools (spinnaker, istio)
- Solid understanding of server automation systems (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
Nice to Have:
- Android / iOS build experience
- Previous professional experience writing in Golang, Java, Scala, C or C++ is a plus
- Experience using & configuring Akamai a plus
- Passionate about trying emerging technologies
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese a plus
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle develops tools that include data-led buying and UX recommendations, ad format innovation, creative automation, and more. Vungle’s data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns with publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore.