Sales Engineer at Pantheon
Marketers and developers build, host, and manage their most important websites on Pantheon.
- Job title
- Sales Engineer
- Job listing last updated at
- Jul 8, 2019
- Job listing location
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 200,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education and NGO, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization. That’s where you come in.
In this role, you will directly impact the successful execution of Pantheon’s go to market strategy over the next several years. The Presales team sits at the nexus of our sales, product and marketing organizations, driving the critical strategic and tactical conversations that help our prospects to ultimately become delighted customers. We traffic mission-critical information across the organization in a way that streamlines the sales process, improves our products, and helps shape companywide strategic initiatives. Partnering with the sales organization, you will help demonstrate the value of our cutting-edge technology so that prospects and customers can clearly see themselves achieving success on our platform.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Things You’ll Do
- Demonstrate Pantheon value and technical capabilities to qualify and close customers
- Collaborate across all departments to advance the technical dynamics of our GTM strategy
- Align with the product organization to ensure value proposition is fully represented and provide customer feedback to further evolve our product and services offerings
- Communicate the differentiated value of our platform, deliver compelling product demos and technical presentations to prospective customers and current clients
- Partner with our account executives to help provide discovery and insight into our customers’ requirements to map our solutions to best serve their business objectives
- Work with the sales leadership team to shorten new account executives onboarding ramp, provide insight to the sales team via sales and domain training, and provide direct feedback with respect to customer lifecycle management and sales process
What You Bring To The Table
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years of sales engineering experience
- Drupal or WordPress experience
- Customer-facing “heads up” capabilities
- Growth & solution-based mindset
- Strong, team-oriented work ethic with a willingness to go the extra mile to lead within the organization
Bonus Points For
- PaaS/SaaS experience
- Experience with marketing technologies around testing, personalization, and messaging (e.g. Optimizely, Marketo, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience with advanced developer workflows using automation tools, including CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins, GitLab, Automated Testing Tools, Visual Regression Tools, Cypress
- Scalable architecture experience
What We Offer
- Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team
- Unlimited vacation
- Dog-friendly office (HQ)
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly gym and book allowance
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN)
- Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)
- Pantheon recently closed its Series D funding ($40m) <link>
- Pantheon is one of America’s Best Workplaces of 2018 <link>
- Pantheon earns Top 10 Ranking in “Best Software Awards” by G2 Crowd <link>
- Pantheon actively sponsors programs like the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19) <link>
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.