Sales Engineer at Sumo Logic
Sumo Logic is industry's leading, secure, cloud-based service for logs & metrics management for modern apps, providing real-time analytics and insights.
- Job title
- Sales Engineer
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 18, 2019
- Job listing location
- Redwood City, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
· What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.
· Massive Scale:
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
· Funding and Growth:
We have received $235 million in funding to date. Investors include Greylock Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Accel Partners, Sequoia Capital, Sapphire Ventures and DFJ Growth. Our recurring revenue and customer base are growing steadily. We serve over 1,600 customers across the globe including AirBnB, Alaska Airlines, Anheuser Busch, Hootsuite, Hearst, Hudl, Major League Baseball, Marriott, Medidata, Sauce Labs, Samsung SmartThings, SPS Commerce, Twitter, Telstra, Toyota, Zuora and more.
As a Sales Engineer, you will be the primary technical resource for our Mid-Market Sales team taking a consultative approach with our customers, identifying pain points and driving technical alignment between customer needs and the Sumo Logic service. You will serve as a product and industry expert, effectively describing and demonstrating our solution as well as promoting our vision and approach. You will be a trusted point of contact for our customers while advancing the sales process.
As the technical expert, you will work with clients to understand their requirements and design the right solution for their business needs. At the same time, you will be a liaison to the engineering team to drive the direction of the product. By combining your personality with your technical knowledge, you can be an unmitigated success.
The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background, with a minimum 1 - 2 years experience functioning in a Sales Engineer capacity. If you have previously worked as a system administrator or software developer and transitioned into Sales Engineering, we would love to speak with you. We seek talent who want to leverage their technical and people skills to help deliver solutions to prospective customers directly.
- Conduct online and in-person demonstrations of the Sumo Logic service
- Work hands-on with customers to install and deploy the Sumo Logic solution
- Design and implement data analytics dashboards, reports and real-time monitors
- 2+ years experience as a Sales Engineer supporting a networking or SaaS based product
- Previous experience in software development or systems administration is ideal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as business and technical acumen are a must.
- Deep knowledge of the requirements and challenges enterprises face with application development/release, IT Operations, Security and Compliance.
- A broad background in technical infrastructure (servers, networking devices, storage, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with Linux/Unix and Windows OS is needed.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in successful startups is a plus
- Knowledge of log management and security solutions is ideal.