Scientific Researcher / Senior Scientific Researcher - Biology at 23andMe
Discover what 125+ personalized reports have to say about your ancestry, health, traits and more.
- Job title
- Scientific Researcher / Senior Scientific Researcher - Biology
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 5, 2019
- Job listing location
- South San Francisco, California
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group in South San Francisco identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs for disease areas with high unmet need.
We are seeking an exceptional Scientific Researcher or Sr. Scientific Researcher to join a collaborative, cross-functional research team responsible for the discovery and validation of drug targets and the characterization and development of drug compounds to support our therapeutic programs. Successful candidates will be independent, self-motivated and creative researchers with a high degree of analytical and troubleshooting skills.
What you’ll do
- Independently research, design and execute cell-based, immunological and biochemical assays to validate drug targets and discover, characterize and develop drug compounds
- Interpret, record and present complex experimental data in project team meetings
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with other colleagues to support the progression of projects
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Master's degree (+ min of 3 years' industry experience) or PhD in immunology, molecular and cell biology, microbiology, biochemistry or related biological sciences
- Strong track record of productivity and demonstrated effective collaboration on complex projects
- Exceptional laboratory skills, with demonstrated proficiency in cell biology, immunology, biochemical and molecular techniques
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, primary human cell culture and ex vivo immune cell manipulation
- Experience working with in vivo rodent models
- Critical thinking with high degree of analytical and troubleshooting skills, innovation and creativity
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- General expertise and knowledge of autoimmunity, inflammation, respiratory diseases, or preclinical therapeutic research
- Experience with in vivo models in the areas of inflammation, autoimmunity and respiratory diseases
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~ 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.