Senior Accountant at Allbirds
The world's most comfortable shoes, made with natural materials like merino wool, eucalyptus tree fiber, and sugar cane, Allbirds has created the comfiest shoes
- Job title
- Senior Accountant
- Job listing last updated at
- Dec 4, 2019
- Job listing location
- Allbirds HQ
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
San Francisco, CA | Finance | Reports to Accounting Manager
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where we need help
You’ll work closely with our Accounting Team and key cross functional business partners. You will be responsible for creating journal entries, account reconciliations, system implementations, policy roll-outs, audit, ad-hoc projects and reporting activities. You’ll help us build a strong infrastructure to support growth and scale. You thrive in a start-up environment. Your friends and co-workers describe you as someone who gets it done, and is good natured, analytical, detail-oriented, and insatiably curious.
What does the job entail?
- Help streamline month-close process
- Work cross functionally to prepare month-end accruals and reconciliations for various accounts
- Prepare spend analyses across various accounts
- Prepare monthly BS & PL analyses
- Prepare sales to cash reconciliations
- Assist in new policy roll-outs
- Assist in annual audits
- Assist in various ad-hoc projects as needed
What kind of person are we looking for?
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-suite
- Highly motivated and able to thrive under pressure
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability
- Shares company values and vision and is excited by the challenge of working in a dynamic start-up environment
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance
- Fitness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave
- Free shoes
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.