Senior Backend Software Engineer, CMS + Dynamic Data at Webflow
Webflow gives designers and developers the power to design, build, and launch responsive websites visually, while writing clean, semantic code for you.
- Job title
- Senior Backend Software Engineer, CMS + Dynamic Data
- Job listing last updated at
- Feb 13, 2020
- Job listing location
- San Francisco HQ or Remote
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
And we’re looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to help us optimize, build and expand our visual CMS and empower our users to build data-rich and dynamic websites.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote (anywhere in Western Hemisphere)
Join us if you want to work on the next generation web publishing platform. Help optimize, build and expand our visual CMS using powerful technology like GraphQL, Node.js, and MongoDB on our robust AWS infrastructure all coordinated by Kubernetes, Terraform, and running on Docker. Architect and implement publishing features that enable our users to create and consume dynamic data on their published webpages. We are working on some incredible products and we need your expertise to do it.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Write scalable services in Node.js and AWS Lambda
- Collaborate with the team to improve our internal development process
- Write new and rewrite old APIs using Node.js, GraphQL and Apollo
- Architect and build scalable infrastructure using Terraform, Kubernetes (EKS), and Docker
- Contribute features (product and your own) to our codebase
- Write high-performance, concurrent Node.js code that powers all of our APIs
- Work on a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views an hour
- Write and optimize MongoDB queries and data models
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplined team to guide both what and how we ship new features
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects directly related to Webflow
You’ll thrive as a Senior Backend Software Engineer if you:
- Have a deep understanding of data design and modeling
- Have built and worked on complex web applications
- Are comfortable behind a linux terminal
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Are comfortable providing caring and constructive feedback to others
- Get excited about encouraging and developing entry-level engineers
- Possess a customer-centric mindset
At Webflow, we believe that our success will not only be defined by what we do — but by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave for moms and dads
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Sr. Backend Engineer and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!