Senior Data Engineer at Wellio
Wellio is the first Artificial Intelligence platform that helps people plan, shop, prepare and enjoy healthy meals at home.
- Job title
- Senior Data Engineer
- Job listing last updated at
- Dec 19, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
We believe that by using technology, collaboration, innovation, and diversity, we can transform the way people eat and cook..
We are a growing foodTech company with the goal of empowering families to eat healthier meals. We are building an AI platform that uses advanced machine learning algorithms and statistical techniques to both generate personalized meal recommendations and reinforce better eating habits.
To achieve our goal, we have assembled a team of smart, empirically motivated, disagreeable givers who care about making a difference in the world.
As a member of our data pipeline and operations team team, you’ll work with other data engineers, data scientists, and product managers to enable the highest quality data products in our Food Intelligence Platform.
What you will do
- Collaborate with a team of data scientists, data engineers, and product managers to develop food-related data products.
- Design, build, improve, and maintain a performant and highly scalable data platform to support both internal and external use cases. We give broad leeway to implement your best architectural decisions. Use cases for this core data include:
- two-way flow of data to user-facing apps via microservices,
- structuring both core data and data exhaust for training machine learning models.
- Work with our data scientists to design and build a models platform that leverages and supports online learning and machine teaching to develop industry-leading models in the food and health space.
- Work with data scientists and engineers to build a CI/CD system for our ever-improving models that allows their performance to be monitored and improved in an automated manner
- You are proficient in writing production-quality code (preferably in Python) and in software design best practices (minimum 3 years experience)
- You are familiar with the software development lifecycle and interested in helping to maintain high quality software through CI/CD, TDD, and code reviews.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining RESTful APIs
- You previously worked with GCP, AWS, or another PaaS
- You have previously worked with data scientists and have experience integrating machine learning models into production code (minimum 1 year experience)
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience in system design and architecture
- Experience building both streaming and scheduled data pipelines (experience with Airflow/Cloud Composer is a plus)
- Experience with containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with serverless technologies (e.g., Cloud Run, Amazon Fargate, Lambda Functions)
- You enjoy collaborating as part of a small, agile, and dynamic team where everyone is valued
- You believe “done is better than perfect” and enjoy helping to ship features and quantify the right areas for iterative improvement.
- You enjoy both learning and teaching, and enjoy working with others from whom you can learn and who can learn from you.
- You have a passion for food and nutrition, and are excited to use your skills to help our customers nourish themselves
- You believe that work should be fun and enjoy working with others
- You like to try new things and believe in failing fast
- You like chocolate, especially dark chocolate
If you got this far, perhaps you’re the person we’re looking for. We look forward to your application.