Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote at Mode Analytics
Mode Analytics provides online services for analyzing data.
- Job title
- Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote
- Job listing last updated at
- Oct 7, 2019
- Job listing location
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Data analysis is plagued by a fundamentally flawed workflow that leads to slow turnaround times, high error rates, and fewer insights. By combining analytics tools with a collaborative user experience, Mode is alleviating the most pressing bottleneck for analytical organizations. We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join us in revolutionizing the way the world analyzes data. This person will be an integrated part of our core engineering team.
What you'll do
- Work with the rest of our software engineers to build application services that power our core product
- Research and evaluate technologies for what we build - determine priorities by estimating projects' potential impact
- Manage and deploy our core cloud infrastructure components
- Expand and improve our build and release automation process
- Build and advocate for tools and frameworks that promote self-service, observability and other devops methodologies across the engineering org
- Collaborate, learn from others and teach those around you
What we look for
- You approach problems with a software engineering mindset
- You recognize opportunities to automate and simplify
- Lots of experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience with testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Familiarity with security best practices and networking a plus
- Alignment with Mode's values
Tools we use
- Infrastructure and orchestration: Terraform, Docker, SaltStack, CloudFormation
- A wide array of AWS services including EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, ECR, ECS
- Monitoring and observability: Honeycomb, Wavefront, Sumologic, Bugsnag
- GitHub, Concourse CI, Circle CI
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, it's on us.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.