Senior Director of Recruiting, Global Field Operations at Okta
The Okta Identity Cloud is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology.
- Job title
- Senior Director of Recruiting, Global Field Operations
- Job listing last updated at
- Feb 13, 2020
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA, United States, San Jose, CA, United States
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Ideally this role is based in our San Francisco or San Jose HQ. However, for the ideal candidate we are open to this role being based in our Seattle, Chicago or Washington DC offices. We would possible consider remote if willing to regularly travel to Okta's Bay Area HQ.
Okta Recruiting is re-imagining how recruiting is done. We are on a journey to becoming a pro-active talent sales and marketing organization. The product we are focused on marketing to our customers, talented candidates, is a career at Okta! Our vision, why we exist, is “Connect the Best Talent with Okta. Everywhere.” How do we do this? The recruiting team, and the partners we enable, identify and acquire the world’s best talent via the Okta Talent Ecosystem. Once identified, we create engaging experiences for the talent we want to hire today (qualified and ready-now), while nurturing relationships with the talent we want to hire tomorrow (qualified and ready-later). We are investing in creating the best customer experiences, building a marketing team, a tech stack inclusive of automation tools and finding, growing and developing the best recruiting talent to join our team.
We are seeking a Recruiting leader with experience leading customer facing and revenue generating recruiting in the enterprise software industry. At Okta, this consists of software sales, sales engineering, marketing, customer success and professional services, which accounts for approximately 60% of our annual hiring. The core capabilities we seek in a recruiting leader are: Strategic Thinking, Operational Excellence, Leader Teacher, Marketing Mindset, Data Driven and Drives for Results.
- Trusted Advisor and strategic recruiting leader to the President, WW Field Operations and executive direct reports to build winning recruitment strategies
- Direct leadership of an America’s based in-market and remote recruiting team (Managers and IC’s)
- Dotted line leadership of in-country global recruiting leaders hiring for Field Recruiting outside North America
- Ownership of global field recruiting dashboards and analytics roll-up, including the maintenance and regular delivery of metrics used to influence and guide business outcomes (pipeline, headcount forecasts, capacity plans, etc…)
- Operationalize key processes that deliver productivity gains in recruiting, while delivering best in class experiences for hiring managers and candidates
- Align and connect key partners to deliver results for Okta; Sales Operations, Finance, HRBP’s, Total Rewards
- Presence – actively participate and seen as a leader for Okta, the People and Recruiting teams
Required Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years overall recruiting experience; 5+ years leading field or go-to-market recruiting teams, preferably in a global, enterprise SaaS company
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience hiring software sales and/or professional services talent
- Leadership of a multi-level recruiting team, consisting of managers and IC’s, both full-time and contingent, responsible for delivering >= 1000 hires annually
- Experience leading teams of 15-20+ resources and experience leading globally in either a straight or dotted-line structure
- Analytics – ability to forecast hiring, understanding of capacity planning and the most important data that influences business decisions
- Growth Mindset – even with all this experience, you are open to identifying new ways of thinking and teaching others
- Ability to build a strategic recruiting plan and implement operational rigor that helps the recruiting team exceed KPI’s
- Understanding of key trends in the recruiting industry and how to stay ahead
- Best practice knowledge and ability to bring outside in learning to Okta’s recruiting team
Oka is an Equal Opportunity Employer.