Senior Lead, Brand Design at Pinterest
Discover recipes, home ideas, style inspiration and other ideas to try.
- Job title
- Senior Lead, Brand Design
- Job listing last updated at
- Feb 24, 2020
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
Pinterest brings millions of people the inspiration to create a life they love for everything; whether that be tonight’s dinner, next summer’s vacation, or a dream house down the road. We’re looking for a Senior Lead Brand Designer who has experience creating visual identity standards for global brands. You’ll be joining a diverse team of conceptual thinkers and exceptional designers, who are passionate about bringing everyone the inspiration to create a life they love. You’ll collaborate with a variety of teams for how our brand is expressed visually and experientially across Product, Web, Marketing and Internal Culture. The role requires a passion for developing exceptional creative solutions on a global scale. If this sounds like fun, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Evolve Pinterest’s visual identity across product, marketing, and business channels.
- Develop resources, guidelines, and templates that empower the organization to create beautiful and thoughtful brand expressions.
- Be a source of inspiration for the global team. You will collaborate with other designers, producers, engineers, marketers, and others to shepherd the brand forward.
- Collaborate with copywriters, designers, and creative directors to build and maintain visual brand excellence for a wide range of design needs.
- Present and articulate the thinking behind your work to key stakeholders, creative directors, and team members.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience with an end-to-end visual design background. You are a systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels and design for offline experiences.
- Extraordinary storyteller. You are an expert in bringing stories to life that are visually rich and are comfortable in pushing the medium to never-seen-before executions.
- Passion for developing standards and design systems that create huge impact through simple solutions.
- Exceptional attention to detail. You are a master of craft, composition, imagery, typography, iconography, and color.
- Strong editorial design skills. You have an eye for photography selection and combining imagery.
- Enthusiasm for taking on new opportunities. You push the boundaries and are excited by a non-traditional approach to branding.
- On top of current cultural trends. You follow the latest news in design, music, art fashion and tech.
- Talent for articulating ideas. You command the room when presenting your work to cross-functional teams and executives. You have excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Experience working quickly and efficiently. You are keeping up with the pace in a lightning-fast startup environment.
- Master of design tools. You are fluent with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma, Sketch, After Effects, Cinema 4D – plus you can handle a camera and have an understanding of Adobe Premier video production