Senior Manager, Demand Generation at Databricks
Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform that accelerates innovation by unifying data science, engineering and business.
- Job title
- Senior Manager, Demand Generation
- Job listing last updated at
- May 17, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
The Senior Manager, Demand Generation is responsible for creating and executing programs that drive pipeline growth across channels to support Databricks’ explosive growth. This individual will have a demonstrable track record of success with demand generation and strategies and tactics, and scaling initiatives across Marketing, SDR and sales teams in a high growth environment.
- Increased qualified leads, opportunities and pipeline to meet or exceed aggressive targets across business segments.
- Improved funnel metrics from MQL to opportunity creation and greater ROI from marketing investments in demand generation
- Effective program execution, orchestration & alignment across marketing, SDR and sales teams
- Playbook to operationalize and scale new campaigns, with well developed insights into what works for our audiences and in specific channels
- Generate qualified leads cost effectively across existing and new sources and channels, and improve conversions to opportunities by working closely with the SDR and sales teams
- Develop compelling, targeted marketing campaigns that successfully engage target accounts, generate and accelerate pipeline/opportunities for Sales
- Work closely with the marketing team to incorporate content, SEO/SEM, social, website, events, and more, into cohesive integrated campaigns.
- Create and maintain metrics on campaign effectiveness and business impact, and generate insights from the data to continuously improve campaign strategies
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management.
- Forge strong communications with sales, and support the SDR and sales teams on campaigns to improve conversion metrics across the funnel
Competencies / Requirements
- 7+ years experience in demand generation in a high growth SaaS startup.
- Strong understanding of funnel metrics and levers to move the needle on generating qualified leads and accelerating opportunity and pipeline velocity
- Expert in end-to-end campaign development, execution, and measurement
- Proficiency in marketing automation systems (Marketo) and ability to navigate Salesforce to pull reports on specific campaigns and understand status of leads in the funnel
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills to interpret data, generate insights and translate it into actionable changes
- Strong project management and communications skills to effectively manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, and drive alignment and execution across groups
- Able to perform under pressure, prioritize and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation
Summary of the role
Databricks, founded by the co-creators of the wildly popular Big Data analytics technology Apache Spark, is focused on making Big Data simple. Databricks’ customers extract tremendous value out of its Cloud offering and the combination of data processing and advanced analytics capabilities. The primary target audiences are data scientists and data engineers.
The Senior Manager, Demand Generation is critical to the success of Demand Generation at Databricks, and is an expert at designing and implementing creative campaign strategies to help drive qualified leads, conversions to opportunities and pipeline, to meet aggressive business targets. This is a cross- functional role, collaborating across marketing, SDR and sales teams to ensure successful delivery of all integrated campaigns to penetrate target accounts, increase conversion and drive growth in pipeline and revenue.
Databricks' vision is to empower anyone to easily build and deploy advanced analytics solutions. The company was founded by the team who created Apache® Spark™, a powerful open source data processing engine built for sophisticated analytics, ease of use, and speed. Databricks is the largest contributor to the open source Apache Spark project providing 10x more code than any other company. The company has also trained over 20,000 users on Apache Spark, and has the largest number of customers deploying Spark to date. Databricks provides a just-in-time data platform, to simplify data integration, real-time experimentation, and robust deployment of production applications. Databricks is venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz and NEA. For more information, email@example.com.