Senior Manager, HRBP at Nerd Wallet
Millions of people turn to the Nerds to find the best credit cards, up their credit score, land the perfect mortgage and so much more.
- Job title
- Senior Manager, HRBP
- Job listing last updated at
- Jun 28, 2019
- Job listing location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job listing source
- Job listing link
- External link
NerdWallet’s mission is to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions. The People Operations team at NerdWallet’s mission is to recruit, retain, and develop our Nerds so they can be their best selves and do their best work at NerdWallet. We’re looking for a strategic and business-oriented HR Business Partner to join our People Ops Team as a partner to our Business and Product organizations.
As an HR Business Partner at NerdWallet, you will not be satisfied with the status quo. You will work closely with your colleagues across the People Ops team to support Nerds throughout the employee lifecycle. You will become an invaluable and trusted partner to the executive leadership team and managers, advising them on everything from organizational design, people related outcomes and initiatives as well as serving as the main point of contact for employee relations within your orgs. You will draw data-driven insights and get to the “so what” and direct your efforts to make sure your orgs are set up for success so they can achieve their business outcomes. You will be an ambassador for the People Ops org as a key thought partner to transform and help NerdWallet evolve. You will be on the ground floor of developing best practices and processes to scale the work of the HRBP team to meet the needs of the business. The position is based in San Francisco and will report into the Head of Human Resources.
Where you can make an impact:
- Build effective partnerships with Leadership, the managers that work for them, and the teams’ individual contributors
- Drive people-related processes such as performance and compensation reviews, manager and leadership feedback, employee engagement, and annual workforce planning
- Proactively surface and provide data-driven insights based on key people-metrics to enable leaders to make informed decisions around their organization and their employees
- Develop strategies and approaches for diagnosing and enhancing the organizational design, effectiveness, and employee satisfaction across your organizations
- Manage and execute logistics around exits and leaves and other employee relation issues In partnership with the HR operations team
- Action-oriented: Moves beyond simply diagnosing an issue, but to move toward framing and executing initiatives in the highest value areas.
- Collaborative: Experienced thought partner and problem solver who can navigate in a highly collaborative environment and balance the needs of the company, managers, and employees
- A strong communicator and influencer: Good at giving difficult advice and counsel - able to use tact and rationale when having to say "no" or "we need to find a different approach"
- Structured and data-driven: Can identify root causes and relate them to business objectives, how they map to the People Ops initiatives, and using data to inform decision making
- Focused on pragmatic, business-oriented solutions: Curious and knowledgeable about the business from the company and client group perspective. Includes developing a deep understanding of the mission, vision, and goals of all stakeholders. Strive to keep the business “context” in mind as you approach the HRBP role.
- Organized and creative: Strong program manager accustomed to leading and developing core People Ops programs and/or iterating to enhance existing ones
- 8+ years of progressive People Operations experience with 5+ years in an HR Business Partner partner role at high-growth technology company strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of core HR disciplines, systems, and processes including organizational design and effectiveness, change management, performance management, compliance and total rewards and compensation
- Experience working with employees, managers, and executives throughout the organization in both individual and group settings and proven ability to influence all levels of the organization through trusting, respectful, and highly communicative relationships.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; comfortable with giving and receiving open, constructive feedback in a way that fosters trust and respect.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- 401(k) with company match
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employee and their dependents
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter, gym and cell phone stipend
- $500 enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Catered lunches daily, free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Onsite coffee bar with baristas
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
- Generous, flexible vacation
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.